Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

So now that my touch up sessions are healed up I figured I’d post them. Back on October 11th I got touch up work done on my Ankh as well as my left arm sleeve. My artist fixed a few spots, darkened them up on my Ankh that needed it and then we changed a little bit on my left arm sleeve with talk of maybe adding a few other things to the open space that is available. Not a lot of difference but figured I’d post anyway. We also added the background to my right arm sleeve but I’ll post more pictures of that after everything is all done later this week.

ankhbeforeafter_zpsace697fc.jpg

Now as far as this one goes. He was real up front with me and told me basically the design behind my roses and vines didn’t work with the rest of what we had going on so we filled it in. It definitely makes everything pop a bit more and we’ll be going in and doing touch ups on my color sometime soon which will help. I’m happy with it all, I know it looks a little funny with some areas being darker than others but its still healing, it’ll fade out more.

beforeaftersleeve_zps51309d9c.jpg

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Nice! I need my first tattoo touched up badly, but there are three tattoos in my mental queue ahead of it – I’ll probably fix it up no later than March. Needs to look better for swimsuit season.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I think he was right for my tastes, gives it abit more contrast 🙂

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@peterpoose 135269 wrote:

I think he was right for my tastes, gives it abit more contrast 🙂

Yea thankfully I trust him enough and he trusts me enough not to freak out about proposed changes. He actually told me flat out that he wouldn’t say anything about a tattoo that he did on somebody else if he didn’t like it, he said I know how he works and what his ideas are and likes how I’m open to things so I’m glad he was able to come clean about that. Glad we did it, I like it either way 🙂 As I said we will probably do more color touch ups sometime down the road.

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

how often do you get touch ups? Also, do you typically just tip some or do artists charge?? Just trying to learn =)

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@gobeavers 135311 wrote:

how often do you get touch ups? Also, do you typically just tip some or do artists charge?? Just trying to learn =)

I don’t get them to often. It was actually a spur of the moment decision. My ankh I originally got fixed up in October of 2011. It looked totally different before then. This is also the first time getting any sort of touch up work done to my one half sleeve which I finished September of 2012. I’d say every couple of years at least. My touch ups are free so yes I usually just tip even though my artist didn’t deem it necessary but I did it anyway.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

looks pretty much the same to me except fresher.
    I have never had a touch up I had one basically totally redone I tipped with some smoked trout

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Yea they’re pretty much the same, just a few tiny differences is all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.