Zukei
    Participant
    @zukei

Haven’t posted here in a long time, probably since I was first asking questions about getting tattooed. Finally started around May this year. 5 sessions in so far and each session is 4 hours long. Probably around 16 hours of actual tattooing so far if you take out drawing, stencilling, breaks, different finish times, etc. Another 1-2 sessions and the top half will be completely coloured and finished; I have 12 booked all up, so 7 left.

Bottom half is going to be a dragon with Japanese lanterns and more cherry blossoms, really stoked and happy so far. The artist is Jamin Swaneveld from Last Frontier Tattoos in Upwey, Victoria. You can find some of his work here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/33777843842/

UrrL4AA.png

CIbPkUz.png

so4zIIV.png

Eu9Pmlr.png

The mountains, smoke at the top, sky and birds were just done yesterday so they’re still a bit dark and fresh.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Looks like you’re off to a good start!

Keep us posted.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I like the kind of fish eye view on the bicep.

Zukei
    Participant
    @zukei

Cheers guys, next session is just under 2 weeks from now and the majority of it should get finished. At the very least, the temple will be completed and most of the colouring on the samurai, I think. So keen to finally see what the samurai will look like in colour.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Looking good so far 🙂

We HEART LA
    Participant
    @we-heart-la

I like it.

Zukei
    Participant
    @zukei

Thanks guys! Had session #6 today and almost finished the top half. Probably one of the least painful sessions so far and for some reason about 40 minutes in I was feeling light headed and had to take a quick break. Had a panadol and I was fine for the rest of the session. Artist said it may have been because I wasn’t used to the type of needle he was using. Here it is:

1185903_10201629999567722_1750872302_n.jpg

Just have to finish off the colour for the flowers, touch up the moon and then the rest of the samurai’s outfit (rope, swords, etc) then we start on the dragon and lanterns for the bottom half.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Oh yeah looking good

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Loving this now, love the red! Pops beautifully!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Real nice work!

We HEART LA
    Participant
    @we-heart-la

That looks good. Congrats!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

All that red made a big difference. I really like it.

Zukei
    Participant
    @zukei

Thanks guys. Had a quick 2 hour session today because he had an opening and offered it to me but I had work to go to. Got most of the top finished off and just have chuck some more pink in the cherry blossoms, shade and colour the blades of the swords and put a little yellow in the moon.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Sounds good, keep us posted!

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Looks great!! I love color, and it really did make a huge difference 🙂
    Beautiful work!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.