FooFighter616
    Participant
    @foofighter616

So basically I got a tattoo on my right arm that is a kind of tribal wolf surrounded by general tribal style tattooing. It extends up onto my shoulder a little, covers one side of my upper arm, extending about halfway around my bicep and a small part as far down as about my elbow. It’s not fully shaded (the artist thought it would stand out more to part shade it and leave some open).

I’ve grown to dislike it would really like to cover it up with something else. I have an idea, but I don’t know how to bring it all together, which is what I was hoping you guys might be able to help with (and provide advice as to what will work cover up wise).

I was thinking a Norse themed sleeve/half sleeve. I wanted Yggdrasil (the world tree) as the centre piece, with nine distinct branches, and maybe a star shape or something to represent each of the nine worlds at the end of the branch. At the bottom I wanted a winged demon looking creature of shadow and flame to represent Surt. Jormungandr would circle the tree and come around to eat his own tail. Somewhere either in the tree or above it would be Hugin and Munin (Odin’s two ravens) who I thought could have the Tri-Horn symbol of Odin patterned into their feathers. Then somewhere I want the symbol for Thor’s hammer, the wing symbol for Valkyries and Fenrir devouring the sun. Then somewhere in there I’d also have either rune symbols or rune stones with the symbols carved into them.

So that’s my idea. If anyone can provide any help on how to bring it together and what will work in terms of a cover up I would really appreciate it.

Ps. You can see the tattoo here: http://i.imgur.com/9Y0WJu9.jpg

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

In my opinion (and I am not a tattoo artist) that is an awful lot of black in a large area to cover up. Your best option would probably be laser removal.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Can’t really tell from the picture how it would be to cover up.. Get a picture that’s not blurry, closer up, of how it looks now. Easier to tell how dark it is ๐Ÿ™‚
    You might wanna consider some laser anyways though, will make it easier to cover.

And quick question; Are you nordic? The wolf is named Fenris, not Fenrir. And the sun he devours, is in the shape of the goddess sun, not the sun in the sky.
    And remember that Surt is a Jotne, a giant. A fire one, of that. The one who ends Ragnarok by setting fire to the nine worlds. He guards the one furthest to the south. So I suppose he could be represented as rising from the flames(Muspelheim), and setting fire to the rest of the worlds above him. He is no manner a winged demon, and
    it’s kind of disrespectful to the norse mythology to represent him as such..

Oh, and dear be careful with the runes! There is a ton of different interpretations, and most you’ll find on google are utterly wrong. Like getting chinese symbols you have no idea what mean. They can’t really be directly translated, as they are based on sounds, not letters.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Why is it that I just get a “Server not found” when I try to see this pic?

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

Picture works for me, but is super blurry.

9Y0WJu9.jpg

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

WTF? Yours works… but the OP’s doesn’t. And it’s the same damned link. :confused:
    Thanks for that.

And that’s not cover material.. that’s laser material.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Tecratt 130764 wrote:

Picture works for me, but is super blurry.

Maybe he kept moving his arm while he took the picture. ๐Ÿ˜‰ (I can’t stop giggling. Thanks Sam!!)

And to cover that??? You are going to need a MASTER at coverups, and like Arni suggests first laser laser laser.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Damn that is one blurry very black tattoo. You will need to blast that with a laser a few times before even thinking of a coverup

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Call_me_Lola 130767 wrote:

Maybe he kept moving his arm while he took the picture. ๐Ÿ˜‰ (I can’t stop giggling. Thanks Sam!!)

Lola, If I can help somebody smile at least once a day (regardless how) I’m happy!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.