Groovebird
    Participant
    @groovebird

@ArniVidar 130681 wrote:

This is one of those pieces that so vividly shows how wrong people are when they cry “you people just hate it because it’s tribal”.

That’s definitely not something I’d want tattooed on me, and I don’t even like the artwork, but that is one spectacular tattoo none the less. Major respect to the artist and the wearer.

I don’t know how to react to your comment ๐Ÿ˜€
    And what is that about tribal? :p

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Groovebird 130683 wrote:

I don’t know how to react to your comment ๐Ÿ˜€
    And what is that about tribal? :p

When people come on here and show us their brand new tattoo.. and it’s dreadful… we tell them.
    Some get upset. Some get defensive. Some cry. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Then we get the rationalizations… “it’s supposed to look like that”, “you just don’t like tribal” and so on. Yes we hate tribal, but that doesn’t mean we can’t recognize a well done tattoo regardless of it’s style. No, it’s not supposed to look like that :p

And thus we get to your tattoo. Some here in this thread (like myself) would never put something like that on them, and the style does not interest them in the least, but still they applaud it because it is awesome, regardless of the style ๐Ÿ™‚

I really dislike the art, but I like the ink. The former you should ignore and the latter agree with ๐Ÿ˜€

Groovebird
    Participant
    @groovebird

Thx for the explanation. didn’t understand the tribal reference in the first comment.
    I haven’t been that active on the forum so never saw people rationalize their ink in threads.

But I get what you mean. There is indeed a difference in bad ink (badly done, and bad design) and a style you don’t like (but which has been done well).

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.