gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

I sought advice on here last year and never uploaded the pics! The lettering and the cross had been there for awhile, the roses were the addition (letters and the cross were too boring). I’m pretty excited for my appt with Joshua Carlton in a couple of weeks, so hopefully pics of that too!

p.s.- the roses were done by two different artists, hence why they aren’t symmetrical

ja02.jpg

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

The roses do add to the overall appearance.

The rose on the left looks better. Which one was done first?

The cross itself stood out better before the roses. You may want to consider highlighting the cross somehow.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yep the one on the left is better… the one on the right is it old?

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

highlighting with color? Or what do you mean? The right one was done first. It didn’t heal right, which is weird because you’d think they’d heal the same. It healed in a purpleish fashion. I do like the left one better too, although the one on the right was meant to be like that. He told me before I got it that it wouldn’t pop, it’d just merely be in the background and gray-shaded. Remis did the one on the right and John Anderton did the left one. They were both doing guest positions at Off the Map Tattoo in Oregon last summer.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I’m no tattoo artist, but I would suggest that the cross itself, not the cross back ground, be gone over with a subtle burgundy or maroon. Obviously the cross is the centerpiece and that would draw your eyes right to it.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

You’re building quite a collection. Cant wait to see the carlton session!

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

I’ll keep that in mind for the future. I def like the idea, because it did somewhat get lost in the roses.

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

Sorry to keep this alive..lol. Here is a pre-heal photo, did the right one heal poorly or can you tell that it was going to turn out so much lighter?

aps6.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

not my cup of tea, as long as your happy with them

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.