GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Had this done Tuesday right beneath my Tengwar tattoo as it ties it rather well with the LotR/literary theme:

2il22zd.jpg

I apologize it’s upside down and taken with a cell.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Looks nice, will you be adding anything else to it?

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

Looks cool nice colors

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

looks pretty clean, nice

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Well done. Hope to see more pictures.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I definitely plan on making my left side my “literary” side and adding to it, though I doubt that means more text, but more symbols. A sword might easily go above the Tengwar, but I’ll discuss it with the guy who did the rose (Ryan at Alley Cat Studios). He did a beautiful placement and really made the rose “match” the script, even though more than a year has passed. I’ll go back to him to ask about the sword once the rose is healed up well. He enjoys doing classic style, so I feel he might be able to “match” the rose well.

I wanted a super light pink since I’m so pale (English on Dad’s dad’s side, through and through) so the some of the highlights are my own skin tone. I also like a sense of continuity on my own body; currently the only colors on there are white, pink, a little yellow, green, and black as far as tattoos.

What I liked is he’s not pushy, but he’s very educated as far as anatomy and as two professionals dealing with the body, I’ve been able to have the most detailed and understandable (on my end) conversations. We discussed tattooing over the 10″ scar where my tumor came out, and since many of the tattoos seem masculine and “gangsta,” I needed to bounce off ideas other than a ton of flowers… He has me considering something inspired maybe by my mother’s family, sort of late 18th/early 19th Black Forest decor, birds and plants, almost a cuckoo clock feel to it, but another part of me wishes to wait on that since it’s a lot of hours and I’m a busy girl lacking a concise vision. Another part of me thinks two little cliche sparrows on either side with my cat hiding in some lovely plants might be fun. Not sure yet. (She’s known as “the bird slayer” in the neighborhood.)

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Well, shucks. He’s on vacation this week. Won’t be back until Saturday so I can properly thank him and look at the email I sent.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Emailed him twice. Guess I’ll have to call again. I think they might be slipping into junk mail.

ETA: It’s healing beautifully, as seen. Just called him and he’s going to email me back ideas on the big piece. Yay!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Pink rose. I remember as a small lad my uncle’s roses in Bellmore, Long Island. The fragrence was amazing. I buy my wife fragrences very similar to those. I will lie down between her..
    Sorry, I have to go.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Sam-I-Am 125898 wrote:

Pink rose. I remember as a small lad my uncle’s roses in Bellmore, Long Island. The fragrence was amazing. I buy my wife fragrences very similar to those. I will lie down between her..
    Sorry, I have to go.

I always have loved roses. ๐Ÿ™‚ Lovely story, Sam.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

Look’s good congrats on the new piece.

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Congrats, looks nice ๐Ÿ™‚

I like the LotR script under it ๐Ÿ™‚

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Thaela 125933 wrote:

Congrats, looks nice ๐Ÿ™‚

I like the LotR script under it ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you! That was my second tattoo ever, and the rose seems to compliment it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.