Mpgt3
    Participant
    @mpgt3

Sorry for the poor quality IPhone photos. I got this polynesian style armband a few years ago. I’m debating a few things with it at this point. I could add onto it and make it into a half sleeve. My other thought is to laser it and go a different direction altogeher. I imagine that covering isn’t an option. Other than tribal armbands suck, thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

Outer front…
    photo-25.jpg

Inner front…
    photo2-1.jpg

Outer back…
    photo2-2.jpg

Inner back…
    photo1-2.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Laser it!!!!!

Pinklace
    Participant
    @pinklace

What he said ^^^^

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

What they said. ^^^^^^

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

What everyone said!

Mpgt3
    Participant
    @mpgt3

That bad huh? That’s what I was afraid of.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

What do you think about blackworks?
    That would be the next best option to lasering.
    tumblr_lozhmvxd2F1qjwzhfo1_1280.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Mpgt3 123093 wrote:

That bad huh? That’s what I was afraid of.

I’m one of the few here that like well done tribal, yours is not well done at all sorry. You will need to get that blasted many times probably 10 or more sessions start saving.

Pinklace
    Participant
    @pinklace

@BertNaked 123114 wrote:

What do you think about blackworks?
    That would be the next best option to lasering.
    tumblr_lozhmvxd2F1qjwzhfo1_1280.jpg

I personally do not like this. I think tatoos inhance your body/skin if u have a good tatoo it can be a great talking point.
    That would just ruin your arms there’s nothing eye catching.
    Just may as well get a black paint an paint your arm.

Nomad69
    Participant
    @nomad69

@Pinklace 123196 wrote:

I personally do not like this. I think tatoos inhance your body/skin if u have a good tatoo it can be a great talking point.
    That would just ruin your arms there’s nothing eye catching.
    Just may as well get a black paint an paint your arm.

Agree with all. Get that thing removed and start fresh.

Also, the whole blacked out ink crap is something I don’t get at all.

Mpgt3
    Participant
    @mpgt3

The blacked out arm isn’t a consideration for me. No fears there. The funny thing is that I was pretty happy with the arm band till I got my koi half sleeve. Now I want to laser the sucker off and get some more quality work. Wish I would have discovered this forum years ago. I had a consultation today and was told 3-4 sessions should be sufficient to lighten it up enough for a cover up.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Mpgt3 123292 wrote:

Now I want to laser the sucker off and get some more quality work. Wish I would have discovered this forum years ago. I had a consultation today and was told 3-4 sessions should be sufficient to lighten it up enough for a cover up.

I know just where you’re coming from!

Go for it, and do it right.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

The funny thing is that I was pretty happy with the arm band till I got my koi half sleeve

Wait a minute! You went from a tribal to a koifish….? What will be your next great achievement, barbed wire around your arm?

Mpgt3
    Participant
    @mpgt3

@BertNaked 123350 wrote:

Wait a minute! You went from a tribal to a koifish….? What will be your next great achievement, barbed wire around your arm?

Not sure I’m following you. Surely I’m not the first person here to start with a tribal before doing other styles?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Mpgt3 123352 wrote:

Not sure I’m following you. Surely I’m not the first person here to start with a tribal before doing other styles?

I’m with the bunch here that think tattoos should be “taylor made” for you, not “off the rack” so to speak. Koi fish tattoos can be beautiful, but there are millions of them. Bert used the barbed wire tattoo to make the point.
    Do you want your tattoo to illustrate who you are? What your interests are? What you want out of life? What drives you? Or do you want a tattoo that looks like a picture screwed to a wall in a mobile home or RV?

Really think this through. You have a chance for exceptional artwork.
    Good luck, send pictures.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.