Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Four hour session today.
    New photos posted, check out “Dec 2012 leg sleeve construction” album.

What do ya think so far?

Be painfully honest.

(The iguana is going to be completely redone)

maniacthw
    Participant
    @maniacthw

I’m not much of a fan. The leaves don’t look right to me, the color looks funny, the really dark black outline through the green iguana kind of kills the effect they were going for, and the blue iguana’s feet are sitting funny as hell.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@maniacthw 120817 wrote:

I’m not much of a fan. The leaves don’t look right to me, the color looks funny, the really dark black outline through the green iguana kind of kills the effect they were going for, and the blue iguana’s feet are sitting funny as hell.

Unfortunatly the iguana (and other lizards) were done first at another shop. The original “artists” overdid black lines for sure.

Some leaves are based on the Fiddle Leaf Philodendron and some of the flowers are based on the Anthurinm plant.

maniacthw
    Participant
    @maniacthw

@Sam-I-Am 120819 wrote:

Unfortunatly the iguana (and other lizards) were done first at another shop. The original “artists” overdid black lines for sure.

Ah, I see. Post the leg when it’s complete. I’m curious to see how it turns out in the end. Clearly your artist has a vision that I’m not seeing.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I also want to see it finished. Are you putting some filling in behind everything?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@peterpoose 120821 wrote:

I also want to see it finished. Are you putting some filling in behind everything?

Anthony said that nothing done so far is complete. He will be going over the Iguana, adding scads of details to the flowers and vines. He’ll be adding insects as well. No bare skin will be left.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

That one leaf made me ask myself “why does he have raw steak tattoo in the middle of these lizards and vines?”

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 120833 wrote:

That one leaf made me ask myself “why does he have raw steak tattoo in the middle of these lizards and vines?”

That is an Anthurium. Check out others on Google. It has some work to go yet. Raw steak? Maybe a prime rib?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Sam-I-Am 120828 wrote:

Anthony said that nothing done so far is complete. He will be going over the Iguana, adding scads of details to the flowers and vines. He’ll be adding insects as well. No bare skin will be left.

Sounds good 🙂

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

@Sam-I-Am 120841 wrote:

That is an Anthurium. Check out others on Google. It has some work to go yet. Raw steak? Maybe a prime rib?

Looks like a raw piece of meat to me also.

maniacthw
    Participant
    @maniacthw

@D3FiANC3 120940 wrote:

Looks like a raw piece of meat to me also.

Me too. It took me a minute to understand what was going on.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@maniacthw 120967 wrote:

Me too. It took me a minute to understand what was going on.

I better get a better marinade.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.