metalmancpa
    Participant
    @metalmancpa

Now that I am the uber experienced old man with two whopping tattoos, that makes me the expert on tattoos. [chime in anytime you’d like]

With that out of the way, communicating my idea to the artist, and having that artist create a sketch, and then to skin twice now shows me the difference between the quality, originality, artistic impression, etc etc of the tattoo artist.

The “Eagle” (let’s not dredge up old crap on this – I’m just trying to make a point here :p ) with what I presented to the artist

EagleTattooconcepttofinal.jpg

Gunnar’s piece with what I presented to him
    Tattooconcepttofinal.jpg

I’m not comparing the two tattoos or artists or knocking anything here. What Gunnar did with my idea = original. The Eagle looks like my wallet. I’m still happy with it, but it does show how important getting the right artist, who knows how to impart their artistic freedom on your skin, makes a difference.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Hey Metalman,
    With my limited experience I think with adding shading highlights, and covering up the blue circle, it may turn out okeh. If it were on my arm I would have a squirrel ready to get eaten right in front of him. (I don’t like squirrels, as they eat all my English walnuts)

When I worked making and installing copper gutters and flashing I was refered to as the “metalman”

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

See reply on other forum

metalmancpa
    Participant
    @metalmancpa

@buttwheat 119655 wrote:

See reply on other forum

Saw reply – start patting your back 🙂

mrchen
    Participant
    @mrchen

It makes all the difference, don’t let 99.99999 percent of tattoo artists touch you, save your skin for the best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.