lameduck
Participant
@lameduck

Hey all. I’m new here. Need some honest opinion. Just got a 3/4 sleeve done. Upper part of bicep had two 20 year old tattoos that I wanted to give a new home in the design so to speak. Anyways , finished up on Saturday and…..I am worried about the work on the final sitting, the part with the old tats on the upper bicep. I feel its WAY to black and lacks creativity. Looks like a black blob. Artist says it will fade from black to grey to black all the way through the upper part of my arm. I just dont see it. Anyways somehonest critique is what I want. Thanx

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Wait for the tattoo to fully heal if it isn’t fully healed already because black does fade a lot once healed.

Can we see a picture.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

All that black will fade a lot in the next 2 months or so, so give it time to do that before disliking it.

That dragon, however, needs touching up IMO.

lameduck
Participant
@lameduck

Hey wardy, you can see 3 pics in my profile. Being a newby I don’t know how to post them In the post. Thanks for the reply.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

flower looks great. wait a couple of months then make your judgement.

Dasch-attack
Participant
@dasch-attack

Definitely looks like a pretty good looking tattoo! Although it does look a little dark at the top it seems like that would fade though it still looks relatively fresh

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I like it also !

lameduck
Participant
@lameduck

Thanks for the feed back guys. I’ll do as you suggest and giver time. I guess I’m just a little freaked but I trust those that went before me. P.s. peterpoose , killer b&g dude.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
lameduck;117644 wrote:
Thanks for the feed back guys. I’ll do as you suggest and giver time. I guess I’m just a little freaked but I trust those that went before me. P.s. peterpoose , killer b&g dude.

Thank you mate ๐Ÿ™‚

lameduck
Participant
@lameduck

Hey peter, could you tell me who your artist is?. How old is your work? Does it hold up well to Sun, age ect. I have never seen such detailed work. It’s mind boggling.

lameduck
Participant
@lameduck

Any one els want to chime in on this work. I’m having a hard time with it. I realise old tats are what they are I just dont like the background up there. Im not feeling this work. This artist does do amazing work. I think he shit the bed on this. I don’t know where he was going with this. It looks like a mess. Like it was a rush job. I need brutally honest feed back. There are more pic s in m profile.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
lameduck;117655 wrote:
Hey peter, could you tell me who your artist is?. How old is your work? Does it hold up well to Sun, age ect. I have never seen such detailed work. It’s mind boggling.

Hi Mate,

His name is Dmitriy Samohin.

It is only a few months old so no clue how it will hold up ๐Ÿ™‚

ArniVidar
@arnividar
lameduck;117644 wrote:
@08-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the feed back guys. I’ll do as you suggest and giver time.
lameduck;117720 wrote:
@08-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Any one els want to chime in on this work. I’m having a hard time with it. I realise old tats are what they are I just dont like the background up there. Im not feeling this work. This artist does do amazing work. I think he shit the bed on this. I don’t know where he was going with this. It looks like a mess. Like it was a rush job.

Didn’t even manage 28 hours. You really aren’t very patient, are you? ๐Ÿ™‚

Give it time to heal before you start hating on it. Take this, twice daily, and call us in a month.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.