metalmancpa
    Participant
    @metalmancpa

Tattoo.jpg

Love it!! He took my idea and made it his own. His use of shading and detail is incredible. I got the right artists for this. And he ended up making the face a caricature of me from a picture. And his idea of the walkman monster creating the green glow was dope.

I will admit – seven hours in the chair was rough. The first 4 hours were OK, the 5th hour was transitional, the last 2 were brutal.

Gunnar is an awesome person. We talked alot. He liked the bottle of Pyrat Rum I gave him. He cracked it open and we took a shot in celebration. He was stoked with his own work. That’s a good thing coming from the artist.

His aftercare. Plastic tonight. Nothing tomorrow except a white t-shirt covering it. If I feel some tightening the next day then start applying Aquafor, and if not definately on Thursday.

maniacthw
    Participant
    @maniacthw

Congrats. Killer job done there. Aquaphor is my go to aftercare cream. I just started trying out the Lubriderm after the initial 3 days.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I’ve never seen anything like it. Awsome!

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

Nice piece man, congrats.

metalmancpa
    Participant
    @metalmancpa

Last night Gunnar’s piece had it’s first public showing at my local watering hole. Several people knew I was getting one and they were there last night, so they asked to see it.

In short, my eagle gets “nice tattoo” comments with undertones of “like thousand of others I see”. Last night I got “I’ve never seen anything like that before” and lots of “wows” and plenty of staring.

The money hurt. This whole experience cost a lot of it. But that’s irrelevant as what I got in return was priceless (to me anyways). So more than mission accomplished as that wasn’t my goal going in. Doing my homework and having patience (and a willingness to drive 800 miles for it) paid huge dividends.

Now I just wish the arm swelling would go down.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

I cant take my eyes off it…. Brilliant work!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Once I get my mind set on something I go for it. Therefore I understand completely not letting ANYTHING getting in your way.
    Good luck with the swelling.

barndog
    Participant
    @barndog

Nice indeed

linhxinh_skda_hn
    Participant
    @linhxinh_skda_hn

Hay đấy , thông tin rất hay, thanks bạn

shawncooper78
    Participant
    @shawncooper78

Undoubtedly its an awesome tat. All the details are perfect. He did a great job and your patience made it up to the mark. Don’t worry about the swelling as it is a large piece, it will be normal along with time.

TagiDoll
    Participant
    @tagidoll

I love this piece, I keep surfing back to check it out over and over. It is Awesome!

Thank-you so much for sharing, I really appreciate Gunnar’s work and I might never have known had you not posted.

I hope he comes out my way eventually!

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

nice piece congrats.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.