Spyd
Participant
@spyd

I didn’t take a lot of pictures, but I did watch a lot of the tattooing this time, which made it seem to hurt less! This one was longer than my red-winged blackbird, started out not hurting as bad but at the end, it was definitely hurting more than my first one.

The bigger butterfly is actually a copy of a butterfly my kids had as a pet 2 years ago. My oldest found Flappy on the side of the road, seemingly uninjured, but she didn’t fly away. They cared for her for exactly one month before she died. Though we have had many butterflies before and since, she is still remembered. I hadn’t thought to use her image for a tattoo, but the artist said to email him some pictures of her, and he used this one.

This was my concept drawing.

drawingpad5.jpg

It was to have 2 butterflies with a arch of 4 colors going through like a rainbow. The colors represent my kids.

Here is Flappy.

45242_422500103013_1154554_n.jpg

Here is the tattoo, taken while I was still lying on the table right after it was done. I don’t have any other finished pictures of it yet.

P1060991.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar

That’s a pretty tattoo.

Why are there two heads on the bigger one? Old stencil coming through?

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
ArniVidar;116957 wrote:
That’s a pretty tattoo.

Shadow 🙂

Wow that’s a nice butterfly!

Love the tattoo also, you must be happy with how it turned out 🙂

Soooooooooo whats next 😀

ArniVidar
@arnividar
peterpoose;116958 wrote:
Shadow 🙂

Hmm… OK.

Spyd
Participant
@spyd

Here is a pic from today. It’s bruising around the edges and feels pretty bad when I’m up walking around!

P1060993.jpg

It doesn’t appear to have 2 heads when I look at it; the shadow seems pretty realistic from my angle.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Does to me too 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ArniVidar;116957 wrote:
peterpoose;116958 wrote:
Shadow 🙂

I hope it’s not the shadow it makes the light sources off.

The tattoo is real nice I like the 3d effect especially where the two are over lapping.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Has the first one even healed yet? You just got the brid like a week ago right? 😉
Nice butterflies. I have to agree that the shadows dont look like they all come from the same light source. Might be hard for you to see it upside down. No sweat though. Its not overbearing its just nitpicking.
Nice tattoo with a good story behind it.

Threadjack: is it natural to bruise from a tattoo? Ive never experienced this.

gawj1512
Participant
@gawj1512

That’s really nice!

Spyd
Participant
@spyd

Got the first on on July 9th, so this one was about a month later. It’s really not going to be a monthly thing, promise.

I’m looking at the pictures I have of them, trying to picture the light source. It looks good to me, but I’ll admit I’m not an artist and it’s hard for me to picture those types of things! The 3D was actually bigger than I was imagining it would be, but I’m happy with it overall.

The bruise is like slightly discolored, raised skin about 1/2 an inch to almost an inch around the entire tattoo. It’s not as bad as it was yesterday.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Spyd;116986 wrote:
It looks good to me, but I’ll admit I’m not an artist and it’s hard for me to picture those types of things!

Then don’t think about it any further. Just enjoy your tattoo 😀

Spyd
Participant
@spyd

Thanks! For both tattoos, I was so excited and happy they were done. Then I had this post-tattoo letdown feeling, like, what have I done; this’ll never come off! Then a day later I’m fine again, happy with the permanent addition to my body.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It does look great sorry being a nitpicker. I always bruise from my tattoos.

Spyd
Participant
@spyd

Thank you. I am excited to see what it’s like when it’s healed.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
jerryatrophy;116970 wrote:
Threadjack: is it natural to bruise from a tattoo? Ive never experienced this.

I didn’t bruise on my first two, but I bruised like crazy on my 3rd, which was a 7-hour session after which my arm was swollen so badly I couldn’t even find my elbow. 😮

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.