InkManHugh
Participant
@inkmanhugh

Band of stars by Dave Crossley from Stirling; inked in 2001. Knee to ankle on left leg wraparound two level cartoon house by Ian McAlister at Red Hot and Blue in Edinburgh; who has a profile in the upcoming edition of International Tattoo Art. This took over six years and was finished just before Christmas last year.

montage2-1.jpg

HughTempleton009s.jpg

HughTempleton010.jpg

HughTempleton007.jpg

HughTempleton008.jpg

HughTempleton008s.jpg

Shuggy

InkManHugh
Participant
@inkmanhugh

My Scottish themed right calf. All done by Dave Crossley from Stirling from 1998 to 2001. The warrior; who is my loose interpretation of Calgacus (and not fucking Braveheart as I have to explain regularly) with all the background below his waist was my first tattoo. The background above his waist was the last work.

Going up my shin; which everyone assumes – and I feared – would be murderous was fine despite me having a hangover. The band across the top of my calf as it hit that little knuckle below the knee was; shall we say, a trifle uncomfortable.

montage1.jpg

HughTempleton003s.jpg

HughTempleton004.jpg

HughTempleton005.jpg

HughTempleton001.jpg

Shuggy

InkManHugh
Participant
@inkmanhugh

My only regret. After being very ill and the end of 2000 I wanted to celebrate my good health returning by being inked by Dave Crossley. Even though I knew at that point that I wanted heavy coverage in the style of a short sleeve bodysuit I decided to get this. Japanese Kanjii for Good Health*. I love this tattoo but I cannot see it ever being part of my backpiece so it will be lasered at some point. You learn by your mistakes and this is the only tattoo that I have not been incredibly anal in studying then thinking about placement.

Only eleven years old but is seems that my skin sometimes really pushes ink out faster that would be expected.

HughTempleton011.jpg

HughTempleton012.jpg

Shuggy

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

some very interesting tattoo’s there bud.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

interesting concept for the first one, but some of the characters dont look like they should.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Very cool design but the tattoos themselves look kind of amateurish. the portrait looks OK.

clay1680
@

Love the Braveheart tattoo…tho some of the proportions seem off and you forgot the blue facepaint on him but still is recognizable. as for the others i think there OK and the Kanji actually says “anal warts”…i can read kanji and i see mistakes all the time in flash sheets in tattoo shops. So getting laser will be the right desicion unless you have anal warts then it suits you well.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

damn its chilly in here………………..welcome to the forum, thanks for posting the pics

InkManHugh
Participant
@inkmanhugh

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion especially on an online forum! That said I don’t think any of my work is amateurish.

The anal warts comment if funny – I haven’t heard that one before. As for the Braveheart dig – I once had someone tell me that it was William Wallace and that I was wrong for suggesting otherwise. Maybe instead of Alba I should have had Calgacus down my calf with an arrow pointing this out.

Anyhooz; I love and am very proud of all my work.

Shuggy

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
InkManHugh;114633 wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion especially on an online forum! That said I don’t think any of my work is amateurish.

The anal warts comment if funny – I haven’t heard that one before. As for the Braveheart dig – I once had someone tell me that it was William Wallace and that I was wrong for suggesting otherwise. Maybe instead of Alba I should have had Calgacus down my calf with an arrow pointing this out.

Anyhooz; I love and am very proud of all my work.

Shuggy

Thats all that really matters 🙂

clay1680
@

yea dont take anything i say serious im kidding about all the things i said…the work is decent but not top notch. either way i still think it looks great with the layout so welcome to the forum

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.