GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Do you have one? What’s the style? How satisfied are you when you compare it to other tattoos?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I have a tattoo of johnny depp as sweeney todd on my right chest, it is black and grey done by dave antonito of good clean fun,
though I dont seem to own a really good picture of it (it does move with my pec) it is very well done and generally people really like it,

it is a reminder of me that revenge is blind and can be more harm than good

I also wear a tattoo of me as a zombie, hand drawn from an actual photograph I took at home with my daughter making a face. It was done by Chris Huff owner of Now or Never, it was done for fun, Chris did me and many friends in this manner, its pretty cool, people get a kick out of it

I would never own a portrait tattoo, they do not interest me, who would I get tattooed one me? they say to tattoo your kids is bad luck…………spouces come and go……………parents? not sure, but thats just my 2 cents

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I have tattoo of faces (see my album) but no portraits. I love them. But i dont think i would ever get a portrait either.

InkManHugh
Participant
@inkmanhugh

I have a black and grey tattoo of Robert Burns on the inside of my right calf. It is part of a Scottish themed lower leg.

This was inked by Dave Crossley from Striling, Scotland, around eleven years ago and has held up very well.

Out of curiosity what do people here think colour, photo-realistic tattoos will hold up over time? Is it a fad that will be over in five years or shall it continue its popularity? I don’t post here often so don’t want to start a new thread so hope it is ok to ask here.

Thanks

Shuggy

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I doubt it will continue to popular, just my highly unscientific opinion. They don’t seem like they’d age well, and I can’t see it being cool to have a photo image of Grandma Graubb on your arm. It’s amazing when it’s well-done, but it’s so infrequently well-done, even by good artists.

I’m sort of relieved to see other people getting tattoos of celebs – Not that it impacts my final decision, but it makes me feel a little less lame.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I’m not a fan of color portraits. Even when they are really well done, they nearly always lack a feeling of realism. I did see a Joker tat by David Corden though that was ridiculously good and very realistic, so there are exceptions. Now as for B&G portraits, I’m a fan … obviously, or I wouldn’t have gotten one. Infrequently well done? I completely disagree. There are quite a few great B&G portrait artists out there. I can think of at least three within a 2.5 hour drive from here (Shane O’Neill, Steve Wimmer, and Phil Young).

They do present a bit of a challenge in regards to what kind of work to get around it. As for it being “uncool” to get a tattoo of grandma or w/e on your arm, well at some point people need to grow up and be their own person. Of course, some never will. Besides, tattoos are supposed to be about self-expression and generally the rest of us laugh at those who get one to be “cool.” As for how they (or any realistic piece) will hold up … well as the owner of tattoo snob says: “if you’re going to go on about how ‘only bold will hold’ please, just make a bumper sticker to point to & move along.”

Greenkid
Participant
@greenkid

I have a portrait of Samantha Reed Smith, on my left ribs. Can’t tell you how it compares to others, she was my first and is still lonely, unfortunately! I plan to get more ink though.

She’s a reminder of the youthful innocence which can be found in the world, no matter how old and grumpy we may at sometimes get.

This is my first post here btw, greetings!:cool:

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I have a tattoo of Eric Cartmen, Dexter, Ed, Cow and chicken, johnny bravo and beavis and butthead does this count?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.