xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

got some new ink yesterday and wanted to share and get some opinions 🙂

this piece is a celebration of my daughter’s birth (she’s 7 weeks now)… she’s the water dragon (chinese zodiac), the hand is her mom’s representing her strength and care (she’s wearing her fancy buttefly bangle here)… the dark background represents the difficulty they both went through (GDM, PIH, other complications, etc.)… really a special piece to me ‘coz she’s my first child and really a miracle baby after going through a lot of problems and scares…

the blurriness/messiness on most of the top part is almost deliberate i’d say… one is to hide my nasty stretch marks and also because it was really kinda hurried ‘coz I only had the day to spare… this took 9 hours straight, no eating and with just 2 or 3 sips of water and toilet breaks… the area near the collar bone is a killer especially towards the 8th or 9th hour… finished around 5am in the morning and then went to office for a meeting at 9am!

i think the top part could have been much better but overall very happy with the dragon and the hand so i’d say i’m happy… 😀 i’ll try and bring it back for some white and blue highlights and to improve the top portion when i get the chance…

thanks for reading and tell me what you think!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I really love this. Congratz mate.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

nice piece, congrats

Panter
Participant
@panter

The more you look, the more you see! very nice piece, congratulations 😎

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

One of those tattoos that makes people stare at tattoos. So much in it.
Brilliant. Congratulations.

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal

Really like this! It has a ‘soft’ feel and yet has a lot of detail 🙂

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Nice piece. The white highlights will really make it pop.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

thanks everyone for the positive comments! got me really excited to have the final touches done and itching to get the other chest piece started!

cheers everyone!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

I think it is beautiful! Contrats!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

thanks msmercury!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Very nice detail peice.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

thanks man!:D

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

sharing the love… :p check-out my piece and some of his other works in his blog. i think he’s got lot to improve on but he’s got mad talent… http://www.pokedeepdeep.com/

oh and the stretch marks are healing really bad btw… 🙁 heavy scabbing and ink leakage, didn’t really know what to expect but hoping it turns out ok. will post some pics once fully-healed.

peace y’all!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.