T0Mlol
Participant
@t0mlol

So I got this tattoo on Monday and it’s been about five days now. I have to work 6-4 every day and I have been wrapping it up with saran wrap and keeping it moist with Aquaphor. Today was the first day where I just put my sock on and went. Every few hours checking on it and applying more Aquaphor.

Now, I did make sure it’s not dry but I’m not sure i’m putting too much on either. Every morning and when i’m done work I come home and use dial liquid soap and warm water and rub gently in and pat dry. When i’m done work I let it get air and if I go out I wear flip flops.

Basically, today I looked at my tattoo today and its peeling, itching and looks like a few chunks are missing and it looks like I can see pink underneath. Sad but look:

33uwjmg.jpg

What should I do from here? Do I use just lotion and drop the Aqua? Do I still wrap?

How does it look?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

You don’t need aqua this many days, dry it to the bone, very very light lotion, it’s gonna do what it’s gonna do now, you lost very little for a foot tattoo, let it finish healing

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Every artist’s instructions differ, but I do Aquaphor for 2-3 days and then switch to Lubriderm. I don’t re-wrap my tats as it’s just going to increase the chance of infection and/or a rash (due to moisture build-up). I would have used some breathable non-stick gauze instead of the saran wrap for your foot. In any case, don’t worry about it. Wait a couple months for it to heal and then have your artist touch it up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.