shelliebear
Participant
@shelliebear

This is my second ever tattoo, my first one being up on my collarbone/shoulder area. This tattoo took 2.5 hours and is just the outline right now, and oh my goodness, it HURT! I’ve had 3 root canals done that -all- hurt less than this sucker! Looks beautiful, the lady did a great job. I had trouble with unintentionally squirming during the tat when she was around the belly area, and the ribs just plain hurt so bad no matter how hard i tried to stay untensed and curled right, it just didn’t work. But she made it look good anyway 🙂 Fixed all the little squiggles and everything! The color will take around 4 hours they estimated, the leaves will be green, not sure about vine color yet, and flowers will be purple, pink, or red. Not sure on those either. This baby was $160 and I think it looks nice. 🙂 It sure hurt like crazy though–a 9/10 on pain for sure. I didn’t know anything could hurt that bad!
I’m new here so sorry if this is the wrong format for photos–I didn’t read anything about photo format in the rules, so my apologies again if it’s wrong.
shellietattoo2.jpg
shellietattoo.jpg

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Kudos to you to get such a large tattoo on a super painful location!

shelliebear
Participant
@shelliebear

Thanks! It was funny with this tattoo–it wasn’t the crying type of pain, it was more the “I’m going to yell every expletive I know right now at the top of my lungs”, lol. But so worth it because it looks awesome! I’m a bit scared for the color but I remember my other tattoo’s outline hurt much more than the color. It’s just such a sensitive area for this one though that I think the only difference painwise is I’ll only be going an hour at a time rather than 2.5 at once. 🙁 Ouch! Thanks for the compliment though. It does make me feel better about myself that I sat through it all. 🙂

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Looks very awesome and should look lovely when completed!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Congrats on your tattoo and very well done on the location!

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

It truly is gorgeous and will only look even more so when complete! Congrats! 🙂

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Nice start to the piece. Ribs are a killerit was one of worst when my artist was working on rib edges on my backpiece.

Keep us posted on next session.

Take care
Matthew

Akers444
Participant
@akers444

love it! u go girl!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no doubt a great big piece thats going to look fantastic completed, you need to remind your self of that when you think of the pain, the worst is over now, shading and color wont hurt as bad as that liner,
the piece is just the right size, super large fits you perfectly, congrats

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I have been getting tattooed for over 25 years and I have to agree the ribs is definitely the WORST spot I have ever had inked

ouch!! :mad::mad::mad:

TheCanvas
Participant
@thecanvas

Love what you have so far and I’m sure it’ll look sweet when it is complete. Would love to what it looks like with color!

Chewy-Tart
Participant
@chewy-tart

Looks good…ribs def hurt a bit…keep us posted with follow up session! You should be fine doing more than an hour for that..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.