firefighteremt
Participant
@firefighteremt

A little about my tattoo. I like the tribal look. I recently had this done but it just doesnt seem to pop to me. Seems like it need something else im just not sure on any ideas as what to do or add. I still have to go back to have it touched up due to some light areas in it. Its only about 2 months old. And suggestions would be greatly.appreciated.

Ok i guess i cant post pictures yet or something so i will try to add it to my profile/gallery. Hope this works

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It’s heavy black work it will never “pop”

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

it’s decent, but it could use something. I’m not sure if the margins are big enough for you to add any colours

firefighteremt
Participant
@firefighteremt

Your.right guess i never really thought about it like that. I thought about light shading in between but im sure that would cause it to seem to all run togather.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

with none of the spacing uniform, and very little space left I am not sure what you could do

firefighteremt
Participant
@firefighteremt

Yes the spacing is not uniform. It was originally started at a tattoo shop. I stopped the work because i knew the guy was going too deep hence the scaring at.the top . Years later i had another artist finish it and straighten it out the best he could.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat
mrchen;105006 wrote:
with none of the spacing uniform, and very little space left I am not sure what you could do

This.

The key to decent tribal is successful use of negative space. With the way it is there is way too much black. I’ve seen some artists add lighter colors to the black after it has faded a bit to create dimension within the black. Check out some of Tim Pangburn’s cover-up work to see what I mean.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

As tribal goes it is not a bad piece and no reason why cannot live happily with it.

You could go for very fine filigree in some of the spaces and maybe a few highlights but I would only suggest that if you know an artist who really knows what they are doing.

Otherwise it is a fine enough piece of ink and prob best left alone.

Take care
Matthew

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i think your options here are leave it alone or laser it im afraid, there is just sooo much black work that to add anything else to it would just make it a big black smudge im afraid, i think you’re probably best not adding anything else tbh x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.