FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

My latest piece of ink.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Sorry if im being stupid but i can only see the skull? what’s the rest of it meant to be?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

cool……

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I kind of like that style

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

that is fucking awesome!

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

@Wardy – It’s a flower and the orange is just the background that the artist decided to go with.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, I love it.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts
FEARoftheDARK;104994 wrote:
@Wardy – It’s a flower and the orange is just the background that the artist decided to go with.

Thanks everyone for the compliments, I love it.

the ARTIST decided to go with??? shouldn’t you have chosen it?

lucky he/she made a good choice anyway

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

@hamster – I generally don’t choose nor do I design my tattoos. Whenever I get inked it’s complete freedom to the artist as I like most style of tattoos, excluding: tribal or anything perverted.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts
FEARoftheDARK;105005 wrote:
@hamster – I generally don’t choose nor do I design my tattoos. Whenever I get inked it’s complete freedom to the artist as I like most style of tattoos, excluding: tribal or anything perverted.

well that’s an interesting way of doing it

do you literally blindfold up, and say “let me know when it’s finished, anything you want”

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

No no, of course they have to okay it with me first, before they can start to tattoo me.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

so don’t you have any ideas yourself ever? cos i’m thinking what if you have an awesome idea of your own, then realise you don’t have place left where you wanted it cos it’s full of other people’s ideas?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

On a lot of my tattoos I’ve just given the artist just the basic idea of what I want and give them free rein.
for example I told the artist I wanted the F bomb the kind you drop and bam I got a kick ass tattoo.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I think it’s good to give the artist free rein. Nearly all of my tattoo’s are free rein including the hand piece im getting on Saturday. I think it’s bad to limit the artist instead he can put all the stuff in he is good at instead of him feeling pressured to get it exactly the way you asked for.

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

That’s exactly what I say when people ask. I don’t like to put restrictions on an artist. I do of course have some pieces that I will be getting for family and friends, that I will have some say in, but still will give the artist the freedom to design something kick ass.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i dont like the tattoo at all im afraid, its only my opinion of course so not meaning to offend but the skull isnt exactly detailed or particularly well done, the flower is ok but the skull ruins it especially as they are 2 completely different styles and could have been put together much better and the red square behind it looks like an after thought that they just chucked in to stop it looking bland. i would have wanted a bit more input into this if it was me.

Sorry, just my opinion.

i think its good to give the artist some artistic freedom but i couldnt just go in and say i wanna get inked, this is the area you have to work with so crack on. no no no… doesnt do it for me at all, takes away a lot of the experience for me to do it this way. feels like most of the choice and input has just been taken away from you and that would just freak me out lol x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.