smokinmonkey
Participant
@smokinmonkey

So here is my first tattoo, had the wings outlined yesterday. Middle piece was finished late December. I’m already planning to add to it and it’s not even completed.

I would like advice on what to add to the tattoo. My artist suggested an arching sunrise over the top / behind but I’m not so sure as I want to keep it plain lines etc.

All advice / suggestions / critics welcome

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11208068/IMG15.23.17_07-01-2012.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11208068/IMG15.24.25_07-01-2012.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Just some simply sunrise coloring as a background extending a couple of inches out from it. Get the rest colored in in typical native colors.

If you want to add to it throw in a salmon, a dug out canoe, a killer whale ect.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

dont listen to the killer whale suggestion lol deary me! if you want to add to it, go to your artist and ask what they think and they will be able to fit something else into the original composition 🙂 good luck x

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
kittykat200;104716 wrote:
dont listen to the killer whale suggestion lol deary me!

Don’t listen to kitkat she has no clue about northwest native American artwork.

killer-whale.jpg

smokinmonkey
Participant
@smokinmonkey

Fast replies! I thank you.

I’m not into colour at all, so I want to keep it black with minimum shading. I kind of wish I got it a little bigger than it is cause I feel when it’s finished it will be missing something at it’s current size.

As I said the artist suggested a sunrise arch in the background but we didn’t talk about it he just mentioned it in passing. I will ask him more about it when I go for filling in 2 weeks.

Hopefully someone here can suggest some ideas as well though 😉

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

to put all those elements together wouldnt go with the symmetry of what he already has, killer whales are generally more circular and confuse the issue of a bird tattoo imo. so like i said not a killer whale 😛

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Sorry I must have miss understood what you wanted.
If you don’t want color there is not much to add to that part of the tattoo. all that I can think of is to add more totem pole type stuff.

How about a bear?
198304842_14e7e3bf03.jpg

Or a frog
FrogTotemII.gif

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i think the frog would work if you put it underneath? and it doesnt have to be green i guess, you can always have it the same colours as your current piece?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

congratulations on your first piece, looks solid, welcome to the forum

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.