MissSherwood89
Participant
@misssherwood89

Hi, I’m new here and was just wondering if anyone could advise me on what to do with an old tattoo of mine. It’s not so much the ankh that bothers me but the writing – Would a cover-up work in this case? I’d love something more colourful but (assuming I was to cover the whole thing) would I have to get something with a lot of black? Size-wise, it is approx. 2.5″ tall (writing to writing) and 2″ at its widest.
Any advice would be helpful, I’m not exactly a fan of laser removal!

Many thanks! =) x

ankh-1.jpg

ArniVidar
@arnividar
MissSherwood89;93374 wrote:
I’m not exactly a fan of laser removal!

You should be, if it gets you the tattoo that you want.

I guess the nan/grandad texts can be covered pretty easily with something dark. Bold, colorful roses and other Old-School tattoos should do the job pretty easily, or you can get the words in a much bigger font that flows enough to cover the old words. But that big, black ankh ruins any possible continuity in the middle of that tattoo, whereas a laser job on the ankh would give you many more options to play with.

MissSherwood89
Participant
@misssherwood89

Old school roses was actually one of my first thoughts, it’s not really the most imaginative idea but then my imagination sucks anyway! Another idea was vines but I always imagine them looking too messy.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It would be so much easier and turn out a lot better with some lasering. I really don’t understand why we here this all the time No laser or laser is not option for me. Yes lasers hurt yes they are expensive but so are quality tattoos. I always figure it is just a little bit of a punishment for a poor decision whether it is the design or the artist. But it’s your body just go get a cover up that you may not be happy with. Just a word of advise it gets real hard to coverup a coverup.

MissSherwood89
Participant
@misssherwood89

I’m aware I made a bad choice with this particular design (as you said it’s down to cheap design/artist, which is obviously what happened), as I said I don’t particularly mind the ankh it’s just the writing that bothers me. I have been told a few times (by friends) it should be easy to cover up, I guess the obvious thing to do is get my ass down to a decent tattoo studio for some professional advice.

Cheers for the honesty, always appreciated! =)

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

You’re choices are limited since it’s a cover-up. But the tattoo is small enough to cover entirely. The bigger you’re willing to go, the more options you’ll have.
Least difficult route would be big flowers like hibiscuses, peonies, roses. Blues and purples will do, it doesn’t have to be heavy black.
Other ideas: peacock, koi, girl/gypsy head ( hide the old tat in the hair), crow with flowers around for color.
Vines would NOT work.

MissSherwood89
Participant
@misssherwood89

I like those ideas. Being an animal lover, some sort of animal would of course be my ideal choice. I was actually browsing for inspiration earlier when I spotted an awesome tattoo of a raven, so maybe something like a crow/raven could be a possibility =)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.