ksmothers
Participant
@ksmothers

I am wanting to get my lower back piece colored in finally(only been 2yrs) and get some ideas on what to fix, and what colors would go good with purple and lime green. I hate those colors, but have to get those two at least..

7033_1124960520036_1107826807_30343206_3410944_n.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I’m sorry but that is pretty poorly done and I don’t think adding color is going to help to much. Have you given any thought to getting a couple of laser zaps on it and go for a cover up to give that memorial the tattoo it deserves.

ksmothers
Participant
@ksmothers

Yes it is very bad. It sucks looking at it everyday. That is why my tattooist that I’ve been going to it goin to help fix some areas to make it better and hopefully color will cover up some up the poor areas. I hate that the old tattooist did this for my brothers memory. I just wanted to know what other colors go ok with purple and lime green. And what would help this tattoo out.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I’m not sure what could help the symmetry of it but the line work could be thickened to help the wonkyness of them. as for colors blue,red, yellow, orange would work. I have purple and lime green in 2 of my tattoos.

ksmothers
Participant
@ksmothers

That’s a good idea, making it thicker. Might help even the lines out. Ya purple and lime green were my little brothers favorite colors.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

I have to ask… Did part of this tattoo require you to sit on the couch and pet the guy’s dog?

ksmothers
Participant
@ksmothers

maniacthw: haha no.. It was at a tattoo shop in Mt. Vernon, wa. Thought it would be really good, cause he used to paint for my bf and his parents’ company, and he was really good at airbrush, and saw some of the work that came out of the shop and it was really good. It was a very long 4 1/2 hours.. Its bigger in person..

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

I had a horror story like that once too (pics in album). I’d send you to this guy… But Wa is a bit far from Florida.

ksmothers
Participant
@ksmothers

ya, it sucks looking at it and that’s all I have to remind me for almost the last two years of my little brother..
Ha florida is just a bit far..lol

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

the tattoo is terrible, I would have a good artists tattoo over it, looks like a great candidate for a cover up

ksmothers
Participant
@ksmothers

Yes it is very crappy. I can’t cover it because of the meaning. But I want to fix it and I was wondering what if I put a ribbon going across the top part over the words in memory and have my guy redo that part completely cause the words are shitty.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

no, when I said cover I meant cover with apiece of the same meaning, it looks a little light, you could do wings, lettering all over in color slightly larger

ksmothers
Participant
@ksmothers

I think tonight my guy will have a drawn up rough sketch of what he’s going to do to help it.

ksmothers
Participant
@ksmothers

But I can’t cover it. It has to much meaning. That why I want ideas to help fix it..

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

Get it covered with a new set of wings and bigger black cross in middle. I’m not sure how shops are in mt Vernon, but Vancouver and Seattle are great tattoo towns. Remember to portfolio shop and be patient. If you have to wait a few weeks or even months to get an appointment, that means your tattooer is doing something right.

Not sure how far Portland is from you, but they got mad talent there too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.