AniDragon
Participant
@anidragon

Here’s my first tattoo, from the video game Legend of Zelda:

IMG_0791.jpg

I got it as a graduation gift to myself (studied game design, so it seemed appropriate)… About 2 years after graduating, and 3 years after deciding on it. (Was a wee bit broke, but it turned out to be a good contemplation period to make sure I wanted it)

It’s still fresh in this pic, right after I got it done. It’s just about healed now (2 and a half weeks later), but it’s tricky to take a picture of it myself because of where it is, so I don’t have another pic yet.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

I can think of only one response to a tattoo of the Master Sword:

Will you marry me?

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

LOL! I may have to fight you for her ๐Ÿ˜€

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Arni, Arni, Arni, we are civilized people here. Rather than resort to base violence, let’s let her choose–

*smashes beer bottle over Arni’s head*

Now, about our china pattern….

More seriously, it’s a solid piece. I like it.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Panthen
Participant
@panthen

Shading is okay, the linework is terrible though.

AniDragon
Participant
@anidragon

Sorry boys, I’m flattered, but I’m girls only. ^_^.

And yeah, I’m a bit disapointed in the linework, especially since the guy who did it is supposedly the best tattoo artist in town. Now, I know there ARE a couple of lines on here that don’t actually look as bad as on the picture (The bottom of the sword, for example. It’s really not crooked at all. I think I was twitching or something when the picture was taken, or else the angle’s bad. But many people have looked at it and told me it was fine, and not at all crooked like the picture) But there’s a line in the hilt of the sword (you probably know which one I mean) that’s kinda bugging me. I don’t know it that’ll be possible to fix in a touch-up, though… Hopefully it can be.

I’m pretty satisfied with everything else, though, and I can ignore the one part that’s bugging me pretty easily seeing as it’s on my back.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Aaaw, you play for the wrong team then ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s good that you’re satisfied, and as long as you can live with the minor faults then you really don’t need to have it fixed at all.

The problem with “the best in town” is that this isn’t necessarily automatically good. Like here in Iceland.. there are maybe 3 guys in the whole country that are actually GOOD artists. If you discount them, the best of the rest is still only okay ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.