BIF1
Participant
@bif1

4 weeks ago I went to get a cover up job on an old crappy tattoo. The artist did a great job, or at least I think so, and drew a really good snake in black outline with black shading. It pretty much covered up or hid the old tattoo and quite honestly I really liked it as it was. He told me to come back though for some more shading and detail, that was about 36 hours ago. When I went back he said he wanted to add some color. I was hesitant because I really am more of a black/grey guy, however seeing how he is the artist I decided to let him do what was in his “vision.” Well, the picture below is of the final piece. He colored in the snake with a earthy yellow color. I really have mixed feelings about it, I really liked it black and grey and now I don’t know what to make of it. It reminds me of one of those nasty yellowish bruises. I have not spoken to him about it, he was so damn happy of how it turned out, I didn’t want to show my disappointment. Am I screwed with a big yellow tattoo now? Is there any long shot to get the black/grey tattoo I wanted. What do you all think of it? Thanks.

Oops, I’m a newbie so can’t post images yet, I will post as soon as allowed.

BIF1
Participant
@bif1

well I can’t figure out how to upload an image…….the box below my replies says I “may not” add attachments. The picture is in my public profile though. Anyone know how to get it into the post?

Adler
Participant
@adler

Just copied and pasted the BB code from your album into the post

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5

Wow, I think it looks great. Though I really have no idea if it’s possible to black/gray it out.

BIF1
Participant
@bif1
Adler;86467 wrote:
Just copied and pasted the BB code from your album into the post

Hmmm…..I feel like a dumba$$

BIF1
Participant
@bif1
Phoenix5;86468 wrote:
Wow, I think it looks great. Though I really have no idea if it’s possible to black/gray it out.

do you like the color?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I can’t tel much about the quality of the tat w/ the blurry pic, but I do like the color.

Adler
Participant
@adler
BIF1;86469 wrote:
Hmmm…..I feel like a dumba$$

You have no idea how long it took me to learn how to post pics so don’t feel like a dumbass.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

I dig the color myself.

Phoenix5
Participant
@phoenix5
BIF1;86470 wrote:
do you like the color?

Yeah the color looks good. Think it over for a bit and if you still dislike the color try to do something about it then. Don’t rush yourself.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I would have liked to have seen it before the color to make a comparison. It looks good in color but I have a feeling I would have liked the B/G version better depending on the shading.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Hopefully the yellow sticks. Yellows dont hold as well as other colors, but looks like u are pale enough that it shouldnt be a problem.

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere

The tattoo doesn’t look horribly awful, but I think I’m with you in that it would have looked better as b/g. I’m not sure what options you have, though.

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

I think it looks fine. I do understand about B&W – my one and only tattoo so far is monochromatic. Next one will be color – but I think yours is fine.

ZombieKiller
Participant
@zombiekiller

I always tell customers to live with the tattoo for a few weeks when i think color vs B&G might be an issue. Sorry to see you might be displeased. Your only option for reverting back to a B&G piece is a laser and a lot of pain.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.