BenTBrothA
Participant
@bentbrotha

Debating on the ethics of my First tatoo below.
Is this is a tacky tattoo. ??

2001---Live-scenes-from-New-York-li.jpg

Maybe Too graphic & sensitive an issue/pic to put on skin.(specifically my calf-left leg)
Here’s what I know and think….(but what do you think..?)

I know what Historic Skyline it is.
Its artwork from an album cover(pulled after 9/11) from a band from NEW YORK.
Album was released on 9/11/2011, a horrible coincidence.
I’m From NEW YORK.
I was a Firefighter.
I have many friends who died on 9/11.
It’s 10 years this Sept.!!
I’d like to add more height to the towers and enlarge the Statue and add some red white & blue..and perhaps ~Never Forget~ underneath.
My wife just got a 2nd Tattoo 3 days ago → for her Mom who passed away in April.
Now I feel like doing the same..
thxs for any advice-
BB

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

That would be a sick ass tattoo. To graphic would be having the people jumping out the windows.

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere
buttwheat;86498 wrote:
That would be a sick ass tattoo. To graphic would be having the people jumping out the windows.

Or having a plane crashing into the side. I think it looks good. If it’s what you want, then I’d get it.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I don’t think it’s too tacky at all and I think it’s a good idea to heighten the towers and statue but I’d be careful not to add on too much nd clutter it up. How big are you thinking of going and where do you want to put it?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i see kirk alley doing a great job on a piece like this.

Kaleoz
Participant
@kaleoz

I do like the picture you have, but if it’s a tribute piece, that image is a bit morbid. The burning city… barbed wire etc. I like the idea of the towers skyline with the Statue of Liberty, and maybe the NYFD logo. Could do that in black and grey with a flag as the skyline. Something a bit more ‘up’?

If you google 911 tribute tatttoos, you will see plenty of ideas.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Go for it.

BenTBrothA
Participant
@bentbrotha
Kaleoz;86508 wrote:
I do like the picture you have, but if it’s a tribute piece, that image is a bit morbid. The burning city… barbed wire etc. I like the idea of the towers skyline with the Statue of Liberty, and maybe the NYFD logo. Could do that in black and grey with a flag as the skyline. Something a bit more ‘up’?

If you google 911 tribute tatttoos, you will see plenty of ideas.

Ya i know seen em all—- its more (kinda ) a tribute to the band and Album cover that HAD to be removed..SURE its Graphic..But its a pc of History(my history) that I want.. Don’t think ANYONE has the nads to put this image from the ‘removed’ Dream Theater’s Scenes from New York CD► That was released 9/11/2001 and pulled from shelves the next day.! (and yes I have the orig Cd..Burning NY and all)
Worth millions–lol…

_It’s going on my leg– calf_

BenTBrothA
Participant
@bentbrotha
Adler;86505 wrote:
I don’t think it’s too tacky at all and I think it’s a good idea to heighten the towers and statue but I’d be careful not to add on too much nd clutter it up. How big are you thinking of going and where do you want to put it?

reducing skyline to just statue and towers. adding something patriotic….
…about 8 -9 inches on my calf. / leg.. .;)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.