legendasboy
Participant
@legendasboy

Well, covered my first tattoo 3 weeks ago, and went to the parlour to see if needed some retouches, well i’ve an appointment to do them next week and i thought “well if im going to sit on the chair, might has well finish the half sleeve” I was thinking of an hannya/oni mask, on the free spot, but open to any ideas.

This is the free spot:

DSC04334.jpg

Here is the front and back of the tattoo

DSC04336.jpg

DSC04338.jpg

I like the hannya but the meaning of it on a family meaning tattoo dont know if its the best choice.

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

Sigh, another japanese sleeve.

legendasboy
Participant
@legendasboy
BossNass;84306 wrote:
Sigh, another japanese sleeve.

so whats the problem with that, if you have any problem dont bother answering, looking for ideas not for your exhalations. maybe you have not read but i was limited from a previous tattoo i had to cover ok. thanks for nothing

clay1680
@

Agreed with ^^^ i love japanese work and all but i swear i see more of them than any other tattoo and most people dont even know the meanings behind half the shit they get put on there skin. but your work is done well and for a cover up its great i cant see any lines from the previuos tat, maybe you can up close but probably better than what you had before.

legendasboy
Participant
@legendasboy
clay1680;84313 wrote:
Agreed with ^^^ i love japanese work and all but i swear i see more of them than any other tattoo and most people dont even know the meanings behind half the shit they get put on there skin. but your work is done well and for a cover up its great i cant see any lines from the previuos tat, maybe you can up close but probably better than what you had before.

well clay some of the lines are going to be retouched.Has i said because in the 1st seating some of the previous lineswhere missed the artist ( i can see one but its almost perfect covering the other one), after 6 hours he was tired so he said to go there and finish the piece this time. Bet its a lot better than this.

DSC04325.jpg

by the way everything has a meaning in the tattoo, was made thinking oin my growing family (fist son)…thats why not sure about the hannya/oni mask but i’ve read that it can mean protection 2, not sure about that.

clay1680
@

Ohhhh yea, hahah i remember seeing this on here a little ways back. definately many steps up form that. and i wasnt trying to hate on your tattoo its just some people that dont put the time and research into what they get but you obviuosly have and it turned out great. not to sure on the hanya/oni meanings but i know they look fucking sweet so maybe check that out because it could end up fitting in perfect with what you have now.

legendasboy
Participant
@legendasboy
clay1680;84317 wrote:
Ohhhh yea, hahah i remember seeing this on here a little ways back. definately many steps up form that. and i wasnt trying to hate on your tattoo its just some people that dont put the time and research into what they get but you obviuosly have and it turned out great. not to sure on the hanya/oni meanings but i know they look fucking sweet so maybe check that out because it could end up fitting in perfect with what you have now.

read that they represent evil, but also read that they could represent protection not sure about that, but willing to believe it because they are ofen used in the roofs of temples.

taken from wiki “Japanese buildings sometimes include oni-faced roof tiles called onigawara (鬼瓦?), which are thought to ward away bad luck, much as gargoyles in Western tradition”

so if anyone has any info on this i would be very gratefull, so i can finish this one with a meaning one 2

i’ve tryed to find more info on the subject, but didnt find any

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

I get that its a cover up and what not, but, honestly, if I see one more japanese style sleeve, I will rip their head off. Its the new tribal.

legendasboy
Participant
@legendasboy
BossNass;84319 wrote:
I get that its a cover up and what not, but, honestly, if I see one more japanese style sleeve, I will rip their head off. Its the new tribal.

not in my country, in here you just see tribals, and very few japanese tattoos, everything takes his time to get here 🙂

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

Around here, I see at least 2 a day, and more coming.

legendasboy
Participant
@legendasboy
BossNass;84324 wrote:
Around here, I see at least 2 a day, and more coming.

well, glad i did mine in here, it would suck if everyone had one in here too. well you dont see a lot of guys with big tattoo in here so i guess i will not see many in here for the time being, thank god.

But well i see 4 or 5 tribals eveyday, everyone has one…thank god i dont.

BossNass
Participant
@bossnass

I agree. Tribals are gay. Koi fish are alright, just not my cup of tea.

legendasboy
Participant
@legendasboy

anyone has more info on the oni masks meaning?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
legendasboy;84350 wrote:
anyone has more info on the oni masks meaning?

Just in case your Google button isn’t working here you go.
http://www.google.com/search?q=oni+masks+meaning&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGGL_en___US350

legendasboy
Participant
@legendasboy
buttwheat;84351 wrote:

read all that before, but some dubious info there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.