offdee
Participant
@offdee

Image below of a tattoo design I want to get on my inner bicep area. After searching for street art/graffiti images this girl in headphones really stuck with me. My graphic artist buddy applied the background idea of dripping paint to capture the street art/graffiti vibe I want to keep it in…want it to skew more towards the hip hop street art vibe and not take on an anime vibe. I would want the artist to put their spin on the brightly colored paint splatter background and add more depth, shadows, highlights, etc. or anything else they would suggest (but would want the girl to stay just as is…black and grey with colored eyes)

Are there any artists out there that would be perfect to do this and make it amazing? More than likely those artists won’t be in my general area (Milwaukee, Wisconsin), so is there some general things I should be looking for when I look at portfolios?

I had a buddy get something done by Brock Steven at below location that turned out really nice…would he, or another person at this shop do a bang up job on it based on their portfolios?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rockstar-Tattoo-Co/152530553833?sk=photos

New here (just joined today) so really appreciate any insight or tips. Thanks guys.

offdee_tattoo_hardmix.jpg

offdee
Participant
@offdee

One other quick follow up question/thought…

I do want the girl to look Black and White as shown in the picture and prefer her face not take on my skin tone color (pale caucasion skin tone). Is it possible to pull this look off with shading and/or ink?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Not with white, no. The backdrop will always either be your skin your some color.

downriver
Participant
@downriver

I don’t think you will have a hard time finding an artist who can do this, it’s pretty simple. If you want the face to be paler than your skin your artist can make that happen with paler inks. Cool design man, Iv done a couple graffiti tattoos and they are fun.

This is a work in progress, we have some awesome ideas for it as it progresses.
rickgraffiti.jpg

This is also a work in progress, this was the first sit.
tom_griffiti_tat_004_reduced_copy.jpg
R~

Geotat2
@

i like it alot ……:)

offdee
Participant
@offdee

^to downriver….

Thanks for the thoughts man. Likin’ the second one a lot….the paint drip effect looks great and what I’m hoping can get conveyed in my design a bit with the extra shadowing and light highlights.

Nice work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.