Tajen
Participant
@tajen

OK, I’ve been contributing a lot lately to the board with MY opinion, now I’m curious about YOUR opinion.;)

I have an appointment for my next piece of art.:D It will be on the inside of my right forearm, woo hoo! All my others are pretty hidden, so I’m excited to have one that I can show really easily.

Anyway, I’m just curious what y’all may think about how I approach my subject matter. The focus will be a tiki mask. I’m just trying to decide if I should go with a traditional type of mask with a water/flower background, or if I play off my horse tattoo a little bit … ( HORSE.jpg ) and do a tiki mask outline with the inside filled with symbols, and colors similar to how my horse is done.

My artist is amazing and will knock out a kickass tattoo no matter which way I go, but I have to give him a direction to go in! Thanks for the opinions … please take it easy on me!:)

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Tiki masks can have so much going on all on their own. Personally I wouldn’t want to take away from it’s own mistique by incorporating another idea in with it . . . at least not for the 1st one!

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I had this elaborate and long opinion written out, but I thought it was going on your shoulder! I originally said that it could appear as an add-on to your horse if it was that close, but I read over your question again and you’re going for your forearm. :rolleyes:

I think then the idea of designs within the tiki is great, it would definitely be more colorful and artistic. It would also look killer if you incorporated the background of the traditional tiki with your modified version, with the water/flower background.

This could turn out to be a bad ass piece of art 🙂

Zach

suzridesahog
Participant
@suzridesahog

I’d like to see a Tiki using complimentary colors to the horse. I like it when tattoos flow into one another naturally.

Stutter
Participant
@stutter

Love your horse, love your idea.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

that horse is very cool.

Rider68
Participant
@rider68

Love the design and bright colors of the horse. I think a tiki mask done in a similar way would be cool.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Thank y’all very much for your opinions. I really, really have just fallen in love with tattoos in general, and wish I could do a killer half sleeve starting with my horse. Sadly, my husband is not in any way on board with that idea, and while I know it’s MY body, etc., I do have a wonderful 8 year old child that deserves to grow up with both his parents.:)

I TOLD him I WAS going to do this final one, and he’s going with it, so I want to make sure it turns out really amazing.:D

Everyone has given me lots to think about; thanks again!

And also, thank you for the compliments on my horse! The tiki mask on my horse is what gave the inspiration for my tattoo dedicated to a tiki mask. Why? Well, the cute little chestnut horse in my avatar is my “heart horse”, and his name is Tiki.;)

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

I love the horse, but I think you would lose most of the expression if you did the mask the same way. I would probably use colors in the mask that compliment the horse, but wouldn’t overcomplicate the inside of the mask. I hope that makes sense.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen
JENerationX;79599 wrote:
I love the horse, but I think you would lose most of the expression if you did the mask the same way. I would probably use colors in the mask that compliment the horse, but wouldn’t overcomplicate the inside of the mask. I hope that makes sense.

It does make sense, thank you.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Love the brightness of the colors in the horse the tiki would be awesome like that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.