mon
@

Hey, I was looking at these two designs of a tattoo. I really REALLY like the first realistic one; however, I think that design would have to be fairly large and is really detailed so I’m scared it will look bad over the years. I’m thinking perhaps the shoulder blade would be a good spot, but any recommendations as to what spot? I’m more conservative but can’t really think of a good spot on the lower half of my body.
wolf-tattoo-ideas-realistic-wolf-on-chest.jpg

The second one is more artsy, I’m thinking of having this one along the side waistline. It’s something more simple and conservative and if over the years I don’t like it anymore, it’s not hard to ignore.
Running_Wolf_Tattoo_Commission_by_WildSpiritWolf.jpg

Please give me your thoughts. Thank you!

naj
Participant
@naj

i think that if you think you’re not going to like it over the years then you should reconsider getting a tattoo in the first place. Its something you will have forever so get something that you think you will like forever plain and simple! Thats just my thoughts.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz
naj;78001 wrote:
i think that if you think you’re not going to like it over the years then you should reconsider getting a tattoo in the first place. Its something you will have forever so get something that you think you will like forever plain and simple! Thats just my thoughts.

I agree. Be certain.

In the meantime, I prefer the realistic wolf head, if I was going for that sort of thing.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Just a small point but may affect your decision.

The first one could look really shit if you dont get an mazing artist to tattoo it, the second one only needs a good artist to get a good looking tattoo.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

the feedback is really good and especially Cornishtiger’s. The tattooer makes or breaks the tattoo not so much the reference picture! I think this could be an awesome thigh piece in grey and black with colored eyes!! Just ones thoughts…..

JesterPoet
Participant
@jesterpoet

Also, if you go with the “realistic” one, be sure to get your own reference pictures of real wolves in addition to the tattoo pic. Any good artist will not put someone else’s tattoo on your body. You probably already know that, but I thought I’d mention it just in case.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

What about your rib cage? I think that would be a conservative placement for the first one, which I really dig.. I think it would definitely be an awesome piece but I would try and find a similar picture or just add personal changes

Silver82
Participant
@silver82

I prefer the tribal, but it would be hard to place in that sprinting fashion. I’d find a different pose for it and put it somewhere upper body.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Just my opinion but sprinting it could make a good armband or even a piece across your ribs.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I would go for the more realistic one and yes you are right the bigger the piece the better it will last over time

You could have a talented artist go with the more realistic one but in more of a traditional style if you are worried about it lasting for the rest of your life

Some fine line work doesn’t last much over 5 -10 years where as a good traditional will last all of your life

Top of your arm (above the t-shirt line) is a great spot for your first tattoo where you can keep it covered for work etc and still go fairly big

wolf+tattoo+design.jpg

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.