lovecomescheap
Participant
@lovecomescheap

I have one tattoo already, somewhat larger in size, but I’m seriously considering getting something like this on my rib cage. I want it to be small, hide-able under a bra or bathing suit, but I’ve heard certain types of small tattoos blur and form into a blob.

What do y’all know about tattoo sizes and small tattoos? Do you think this tattoo is a good idea at this size?

little,bird,tattoo,birds,tattoo-5044a651a07c67b1f87cb6b5895e1045_h.jpg

flying,birds,tattoo,birds,tatoo,tattoo,tatto-b900feb95ad0839a12b360176b2fe6b6_h.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Sorry I may have missed the point of this post are you asking if the tattoo is possible?

The tattoo you posted a photograph of?

Um yep I think it is.

SeriouslyI wouldnt go any smaller than the photo but this is clearly possible,

lovecomescheap
Participant
@lovecomescheap

Yeah, sorry, I should’ve been more specific. Obviously it’s possible, but I’m wondering if it’s a good idea… By the pictures, it can definitely be done, but what I’m more concerned about is how those birds will look in 5 or 10 years…

It’s possible, but at what risk? What’s the likelihood of the birds turning into blobs at that size?

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

TBH i know feck all about how something that small will age but turning into a total blob i highly doubt, sure as you get older and skin loosens(sp) up it will ages with the skin but im sure you could still make it out.
i have to ask tho, what’s the point of getting a tattoo if your able to hide it under such small items of clothing, i understand tattoos being discreet(for work pourposes(sp)) and personal but to me they are also ones way of expressing themselves, not something to be hidden away.
the best thing you could do is talk to the artist you want to do it and see what they think.

excuse the spelling iv been drinking!

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

more than likely those birds will be blurs but you never know…???..why do you want them so small? Where are you located? Goto a GOOD local tattooer and they will give you the best feedback face to face!

lovecomescheap
Participant
@lovecomescheap

The size and placement are just personal preference. I’m not sure I would get them *quite* as small as the ones in the picture on the wrist, just as long as they’re small enough. I’m in NY, just outside NYC… I’ll ask around at shops to see how small I can go. Thanks for all your help everyone.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough
lovecomescheap;77894 wrote:
The size and placement are just personal preference. I’m not sure I would get them *quite* as small as the ones in the picture on the wrist, just as long as they’re small enough. I’m in NY, just outside NYC… I’ll ask around at shops to see how small I can go. Thanks for all your help everyone.

Cool, you are in a perfect location for some top notch tattooers! I would suggest if I may:
NY Adorned (Thomas Hooper, Bart Bingham)
Three Kings Tattoo (Myles is doing some awesome stuff)
New York Hardcore Tattoos
Some of the above tattooers and tattoo shops plus more NY and Brooklyn tattooers are pretty active at http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/.

Hope this helps!?!?!?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.