crowe3.jpg

Finished:
crowe4.jpg
crowe5.jpg
crowe6.jpg

WildWilly
Participant
@wildwilly

Nice looks like that tattoo will last a long time with the amount of black in it. Not sure what it reps tho is it from a movie or book?

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

It’s from a Black Crowes concert t-shirt I bought on the “3 Snakes and 1 Charm” tour in the mid 90’s. I always loved the image and had thought for a long time it would make an awesome tattoo.

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

I really like the black and version of it, however the color makes it pop. All and all it looks great, have fun with the healing now (:

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

I was suprised by how much I liked it when she finished the black shading. I prefer color work for myself, but I thought about having her stop at the black because it looked so good.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

And today the peeling has begun in earnest.

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

I prefer black and white for myself, but I do agree that color was the better choice for this one 😀

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

It’s good to have choices 😀

I love black and gray work on others.

mlanny88
Participant
@mlanny88

Aahzz that looks absolutely awesome – definately better in colour.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

Thanks! I’m very excited about how well it turned out :D.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

That is so effing cool!

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

How long was the sitting for this one? Like I said I’ve never done a color piece on myself, so I was wondering how much longer adding color is.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

The sitting was almost exactly 4 hours, 2.5 of which were dedicated to the color portion. I’m not sure how that compares to other artists coloring times or techniques. I did count 14 different colored inks that she used in total…she did a great deal of blending. The same artist has done both of my pieces so far, and she mentioned to me with the first that she tends to like to shade each area with 3 different shades of color to bring out the best depth.

Morwin – thanks :D.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

10 days in and the itching is starting to get better…halle-frickin’-lujah!

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

hahaha, so when’s the next one????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.