johnyalcin
Participant
@johnyalcin

hey,

i just got a tribal eagle tattoo on my shoulder about two weeks ago…i read somewhere that tribal tattoos reach their full blackness later on after the tattoo is done … is this true ? and how long will i have to wait for it to become really black.when i search google for tribal tattoos the ones i see are pitch black? im seriously doubting that the tattoo will get any blacker than it is and considering getting it re-inked.:(does anyone know about this? also the first night of the tattoo i went to sleep with saran wrap on the tattoo..when i woke up the nylon had some ink on it..i asked my tattoo artist about it and he said it was the excess ink and there was nothing to worry about…could the wrap be the cause of the fadedness? maybe the ink came out with the sweat? notice on the pics the bottom part of the tattoo.it seems like there are empty spots in there ? thx for your time…
:confused:

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The ink is below several layers of skin. It will NEVER be blacker than it is today, and in fact it will start to slowly fade from this point on. It’s only really BLACK 10 minutes after the tattoo was done, at which time most tattoo pics are taken. Your skin color affects the color of the tattoo as well, and very dark skin will ‘hide’ the ink better than extremely white skin.

Everything your tattoo arist told you is true. What you saw was excess ink and it’s quite normal.

That being said, it’s difficult to see in those pictures due to the glare, but it seems that there are some empty spots that need to be filled in. This, too, is ‘normal’ in the sense that it does happen quite often; especially with tribal black like you’ve got. It is also much more common with so called scratchers, or kitchen magicians…. low-grade tattoo artists who work from home. Most, if not all tattoo artists offer a free touchup to fix stuff like this. If what I’m seeing are truly empty holes in the ink, get another appointment when it’s all healed and have him fill in the empty stuff.

johnyalcin
Participant
@johnyalcin

when will i know when its healed…it’s been about two weeks since ive got the tattoos done.the peeling and stuff has stopped, it doesnt hurt anymore and there are no scabs or aything..is it ok for me to go now to get it filled out? my tattoo artist wasnt a scratcher by the way..i got my tats done in a shop and everything seemed quite professional to me..i have no problems about the detail or workmanship of the tattoos..the only thing is it just doesnt seem as solid a black as i’d like..if you google tribal eagle tattoo then you can see pics of my tattoo and they seem rock SOLİD BLACK.i dont know.what would you recommend? its not that obvious from a meter or so away but if you look closely it looks like it has some faded spots..:/

ArniVidar
@arnividar

The reason why they look solid black is because the picture was probably taken literally minutes after it was done… when there is barely any skin over the ink and the scar tissue hasn’t formed around it. Also, just a tiny bit of photoshop can have a great effect on pictures. If yours didn’t have such a glare, I could create a picture of your tattoo where it looks like it’s completely black-hole black.

As for the healing, each person heals differently. For most people it takes about a month. You artist will know when he sees it when you book the session, unless you plan to call in to book. It sounds from your description that it’s already healed, but personally I’d book a session in about 2 more weeks time to be sure.

johnyalcin
Participant
@johnyalcin

thank you for the help and replies ill be sure to ask if anything else comes up 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Quite welcome. I’m glad to help, for once 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.