yetibassist
Participant
@yetibassist

I finally got some more work done on my kokopelli tattoo. The outline is almost entirely finished. Next session will outline the sky and add the musical notes/pictographs. The pictographs will tell the story of El Chupacabra.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=3791

What do you think so far?

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Nice. I like the style or art too. Original. Should be a real nice finished peice. Southwest colors will work well with the design.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

Kokopelli is a fertility deity and played the flute.

yetibassist
Participant
@yetibassist

Yeah I can’t wait for it to be colored in!

I realize he is usually depicted with a flute. I play bass guitar so I gave him a bass. He is also a trickster god and represents the spirit of music. In this case he is telling a tale of El Chupacabra with his mystical tunes. Now – a – days he has kinda been reduced to nothing more than a tourist attraction mascot in the four corners area.

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx
yetibassist;71796 wrote:
Yeah I can’t wait for it to be colored in!

I realize he is usually depicted with a flute. I play bass guitar so I gave him a bass. He is also a trickster god and represents the spirit of music. In this case he is telling a tale of El Chupacabra with his mystical tunes. Now – a – days he has kinda been reduced to nothing more than a tourist attraction mascot in the four corners area.

Nice to see someone has done thier research. The spin on flute is an original idea, props. Whos doing the work?

Chupacabra? Isn’t that the goat bloodsucker from Mexico?

yetibassist
Participant
@yetibassist

There is a shop here in Stillwater, Ok called College Ink. Artist there named Matt has done all of my tattoos. He is great!

Yeah El Chupacabra is The Goat Sucker. I believe he was first “spotted” in puerto rico actually. Back then he was a more alien creature instead of the rabbid dog/racoon/coyote/vermin he tends to be now.

yetibassist
Participant
@yetibassist

I got the rest of the outline done today. I’m pretty happy with it. Super excited to color it.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=3810

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.