Lukej
Participant
@lukej

I want to start planning a sleeve with a local tattoo studio. They charge £80/hour, and I was just wandering if anyone could give me a rough idea as to how many hours ill be looking at for a piece like this one? This piece was done by the studio i’m going to. Cheers!

67156570.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

hard to say – all artists work at different pace – but I would say between 20-30 hours !

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I agree, maybe a little more if you are going for this color. A lot of artists will do the whole tat in black and grey and then go back over and do color. This makes the color pop a little more but can take a lot more time.

kangarooman
Participant
@kangarooman

It really all depends on the speed of the artist. I would say probably about 20 hours on average.

alyssaswoon
Participant
@alyssaswoon

i agree with the posts above.
i know an artist who did one of my tattoos in 2.5 hours and if i had’ve gotten it done by another artist in the same shop it probably would’ve taken him 4-5 hours. all artists have different paces/methods.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

It’s going to be a LOT of hours, esp if the detail and color is high in quality. I’m not done with my half sleeve yet and I’m already on about 15 hours in, so you’re possibly looking at 25+ depending how the speed of your tattooist and the intangibles of the tat design.

Boost
Participant
@boost
NeverBSatisfied;69722 wrote:
It’s going to be a LOT of hours, esp if the detail and color is high in quality. I’m not done with my half sleeve yet and I’m already on about 15 hours in, so you’re possibly looking at 25+ depending how the speed of your tattooist and the intangibles of the tat design.

I’m the same…. my half sleeve will be up to 18 hrs next week…and I’m still not sure it will be finished! Some tattoo artists take longer than others….if your lucky it can be 10 hrs less than another.

I would guess the speed my tattoo artist goes…that would take 30 hrs.

MrTatooMan
@

Probably Between 20 and 30 hours… i have my whole body tattooed haha so i know 😉

Ollie321
Participant
@ollie321

Ive been into colin Jones, at stained class and he has said about 15-18 hour for a sleeve, in 3 hour sittings

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.