fryc86
Participant
@fryc86

I have a few more designs that I really want to get done in the next couple of years. I found an artist nearby that I really love and would like to have work on me regularly. I was wondering what you guys thought. Her name is Sandi Calistro, and she’s got a pretty unique style so if you don’t like the style that’s one thing (because I love it and its why I am thinking of going with her), but if you could comment on the quality of her work I’d appreciate it.

http://sandicalistroart.com/section/82311_Tattoos.html

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

like her women personally – but she does seem a little limited in what she’s good at ! ( or maybe that’s all she does ?)

fryc86
Participant
@fryc86

yeah maybe. I don’t really mind though since everything I want done from her will be like that.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Her cartoony female tats are really good but I wouldn’t get anything other than that from her.

Something to think about: You could be a walking billboard for one artist or you could target tattoo artists that match the style of each tattoo that you get. I think she is one dimensional and if you get everything in the same style from the same person your going to have repetitive, boring tattoos.

Just my .02

fryc86
Participant
@fryc86
Gsouder;68519 wrote:
Her cartoony female tats are really good but I wouldn’t get anything other than that from her.

Something to think about: You could be a walking billboard for one artist or you could target tattoo artists that match the style of each tattoo that you get. I think she is one dimensional and if you get everything in the same style from the same person your going to have repetitive, boring tattoos.

Just my .02

good points. I agree that she does seem one dimensional, but again that is okay with me. Some people are just good at one thing, I don’t really care if I only want that style from them and her work matches what I want done on a few pieces. Will they be boring if I get more than one? Maybe to some people, but if she’s good at that one style then that’s all that really matters to me. Which is why I was just wondering what ya’ll thought about the quality of what she does, not her lack of versatility 🙂 but thanks for the comments, helpful as usual.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

The problem with your question is that it depends on what style. For example, the cute cartoony style her quality seems good to me. the shading is good and the detail is right on. On the rest of her portfolio is not so good. The details, perspective and shading seems off to me.

So I guess the answer, for me any way, is that as long as you stick to her strengths you’ll be fine. Just don’t ask her for a koi or a horse.

Good luck and give us update photos when you go in!

fryc86
Participant
@fryc86
Gsouder;68521 wrote:
The problem with your question is that it depends on what style. For example, the cute cartoony style her quality seems good to me. the shading is good and the detail is right on. On the rest of her portfolio is not so good. The details, perspective and shading seems off to me.

So I guess the answer, for me any way, is that as long as you stick to her strengths you’ll be fine. Just don’t ask her for a koi or a horse.

Good luck and give us update photos when you go in!

ok, yeah those are the ones I meant, should’ve been more specific.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I think she’s good at that style if that’s what you are looking for.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.