Ozzygt
Participant
@ozzygt

Ok, heres the backstory. My younger brother and I both got corresponding Kanji symbols. Obviously mine is for “Older Brother”, and his is for “Younger brother”. I chose to get a fire pattern because you do not see colorful kanji very often.

I wanted to add something to it, and after alot of thoughts and drawing, I decided to use a play on words. Consider this: When a star grows through out its life, when it gets older it becomes a red giant star. In my tattoo’s case, to me it now symbolizes- Older brother and older “sun”. =) The first picture is after the first part of the tattoo, I added in white (difficult to see) and some trace bits of blue around the black border in the second picture. Let me know what you think.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

It’s lovely and bright, I prefer it in the second picture, the bit of blue just gives it that something ‘extra’.

Has your brother added anything to his?

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Looks sweet, never thought I’ll live to see an original kanji.

Ozzygt
Participant
@ozzygt

Thanks guys. My brother went with all black for his and hasn’t really considered adding onto his.
I like it alot but I think I will stay away from reds because the other colors took well, but the red looks kinda patchy even after the artist touched it up a bit. I don’t know if it is just how my skin holds it or the technique that was used. Any ideas ?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

First off really nice tattoo.

Red can be problematic for some as it can contain low to moderate toxicity and scabs a bit harder. I am heading into the end of my second week and still some of the red/pink areas have not peeled but the rest has.

Just have to be patient it will settle down.

Take Care
Matthew

Ozzygt
Participant
@ozzygt

Thanks- this is the only tattoo I have that has large amounts of red in it and it will probably be the last. The yellows and oranges seemed to take really well. Is it normal then to have to get multiple touchups for red ink to make it look solid and not like you can see your natural skin intermittently ? I am going in for a touchup on the 13th of May to work on the whites and to make the blacks a little thicker. I want to keep the “sunburst effect but to get rid of the patchiness. I’ll likely have the red touched up too.

X-pressive
Participant
@x-pressive

Thats kool mate. They always look better once settled.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.