stariray
Participant
@stariray

are UV tats really invisible when there is light? i want to get one on my wrist but i want it to be invisible because of my job… Thanks folks!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Nothing is invisible. If you get white UV ink, you’ll have a visible (but faint) white tattoo in the light.

Google UV Ink and you’ll see several examples.

stariray
Participant
@stariray

i saw some some examples and they seem invisible to me… lol

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

In my 3 minutes of research on this I found that they are not totally invisible, the ink is unproven and it’s not been approved by, well, anyone and the ink is possibly toxic.

My opinion: pick a place that you can get the tattoo that you want and just do it. Do you really want to go through all of this only to see a tattoo when you put a UV light on it? Seems like a waste of time, money and it has an adverse risk/reward ratio when you consider the ink.

You can also do what I did when I got my wrist tattoo- Get into really big watches! No, I’m not kidding!

stariray
Participant
@stariray

yeah, that’s why im not sure yet of getting UV inks.. i badly want wrist tattoos (stars on the right and Jesus script on the left). i think the best colors are gray and black but because of my job im considering white inks…big watches are sure great to hide em’ lol

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
Gsouder;65191 wrote:
In my 3 minutes of research on this I found that they are not totally invisible, the ink is unproven and it’s not been approved by, well, anyone and the ink is possibly toxic.

My opinion: pick a place that you can get the tattoo that you want and just do it. Do you really want to go through all of this only to see a tattoo when you put a UV light on it? Seems like a waste of time, money and it has an adverse risk/reward ratio when you consider the ink.

You can also do what I did when I got my wrist tattoo- Get into really big watches! No, I’m not kidding!

Bingo.

My own artist won’t do it, just because he says the inks haven’t been around long enough yet. Why get a tattoo you may only get to show off once every 5 years when it could have you riddled with cancer in 10?

stariray
Participant
@stariray

so ill settle for the black and gray colorway then! Thanks folks!

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

ya, i want to get some work done on my hands with UV ink, but i havnt done it yet for the very reason that everyone else said… its new and no one knows if its really bad for you yet.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

I wont do them and probably never will.

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

Blacklight inks do in fact work.
Proven, or not they are a specialty application.They are clearly not for everyone.
I did a test tattoo using Skin Candy “invisible” blacklight ink on my wrist. I have very pale skin. The “invisible” ink carries no pigments, only the microbeads that glow when exposed to UV light. So, I inked up a nautical star and a four leaf clover on the inside of my wrist. Once it healed, it was totally unseen. You cannot see even the faintest trace when looking for it. That beng said, results may vary. Under UV light, it glows beautifully. How often I will be around a blacklight is a different story. But its kind of like having a secret that you can reveal when you want to.

pepsi max
Participant
@pepsi-max
Chief D;65222 wrote:
Blacklight inks do in fact work.
Proven, or not they are a specialty application.They are clearly not for everyone.

But its kind of like having a secret that you can reveal when you want to.

i totally agree… not for everyone i know, but they have been around a lot longer than people think, i started looking into them when i was around 16, im 26 now, still haven’t found any serious or proven info that the’re any more dangerous than normal ink, it seems like everything now days will give you cancer so i took my chances and had one done last year….

early inks used some sort of chemical that was identified as possibly harmful but that was sorted long ago, uv ink is becoming very popular now people are hearing about it more, i keep seeing it more and more at conventions around the uk….

its a great conversation starter and you can buy blacklight keyring so if you want someone to see it then they can, if not its just for you!

112.jpg

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I would love to be wrong about this. I have some stars on my wrist that I would love to line with UV ink… I just don’t feel safe doing it. Maybe you are right and it’s fine- I just wish someone who is not selling the ink would tell me.

All that aside, Your ink looks really cool! Was there anything different about the healing or tattoo process?

captured_ink
Participant
@captured_ink

hi there,

I am glad that I have found this thread, I found one post online that says that the inks where perfectly safe. I am now learned something.

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.