vileoxidation
Participant
@vileoxidation

I got my first tattoo last night, and I want to share it with you guys! It took about half an hour to do, not a big piece, and I paid $100. Seem about right? Its exactly what I wanted – I like it a lot!

http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=3478m

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Interesting. I take it that kind of art has some kind of personal message to you and a sheep signifies something connected to you in some way shape or form?

Meaning aside, I like the happy, upbeat nature about it and could classify as “cute” I guess you girls would say haha. Maybe it signifies your kind nature as a person. Perfect placing as well. Congrats on your first ink.:)

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

YOU DID IT!!!
Cool cool cool.
I like it, actually. Simple design…looks nice.

How’d ya tolerate the pain?
Are you craving more yet?
Haha.

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

OOOHHHH!!! Its SO CUTE!!!
It looks like a childrens book illustration!
Congrats! 😀

mugwump
Participant
@mugwump

Looks great! My only comment would be to get a little green fuzzy line under it so its standing on grass as opposed to just being suspended in mid-air (well mid-shoulder)

vileoxidation
Participant
@vileoxidation
Jubakuba;59622 wrote:
YOU DID IT!!!
Cool cool cool.
I like it, actually. Simple design…looks nice.

How’d ya tolerate the pain?
Are you craving more yet?
Haha.

Yeah, I bronzed up my balls and just did it! The pain wasn’t too bad – I didn’t get lightheaded or anything like the artist said I might, so I take that as a good sign, heh heh. And yes, I am craving more…I know what I want next already, but I think I’ll wait till I (possibly) have my surgery in March. It was just a good experience overall, and I really do want more. 😀

And I am glad that the reactions are positive! I was going for cute, so it seems to have hit that right on the head. And yeah, it does have a personal significance to me – my mom says that I’m the gray sheep of the family: not quite the black sheep, but certainly not one of them, the white sheep. And once I heard her say that, I identified with it right away! It was a perfect way to describe how I feel about myself. 🙂

gnarly
Participant
@gnarly

It’s adorable.

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

lol. I love the meaning. I can identify with that, myself.

archie_72490
Participant
@archie_72490

Just warning you that doctors usually recommend that you wait at least a year after surgery to get any new tattoos because your body is already trying to heal and prevent infection. For example I had to wait a year after my shoulder surgery to get another tattoo. Since you said that you want to wait until after your surgery to get another tattoo you should talk to your surgeon about it.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

It’s to adorable. Congrats on your first ink!

I can relate to the description as well altho I’m just flat out the black sheep. lol the COLORFUL black sheep, but the black one non the less. lol

vileoxidation
Participant
@vileoxidation
archie_72490;59643 wrote:
Just warning you that doctors usually recommend that you wait at least a year after surgery to get any new tattoos because your body is already trying to heal and prevent infection. For example I had to wait a year after my shoulder surgery to get another tattoo. Since you said that you want to wait until after your surgery to get another tattoo you should talk to your surgeon about it.

Thank you. I will ask my surgeon about this. I called before getting this current tattoo, and they said there wouldn’t be a problem with having the surgery after getting it, but I didn’t think to ask about getting tattoos after the surgery. I will call and find out. Thank you very much for the information!

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Congrats, and I like it a lot. You nailed “cute”

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.