InkedTIM
Participant
@inkedtim

Hi guys, im new here ..hope you guys could give me some advise for my half sleeve that i designed ๐Ÿ™‚
IMG_1244.jpg
IMG_1245.jpg
IMG_1246.jpg

InkedTIM
Participant
@inkedtim

IMG_1243.jpg
10947_175739257605_579467605_3363147_2033854_n.jpg
11463_173313152605_579467605_3341877_2454562_n.jpg

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Nice collection.
Really like the gun on your side.
What inspired that piece?

InkedTIM
Participant
@inkedtim
BIKERinBLACK77;54272 wrote:
Nice collection.
Really like the gun on your side.
What inspired that piece?

thanks, ermm i had the gun/wing so that it could remind me to think Happy thoughts!!
it says on the gun ..
what do you think of the sleeve …does it look right ? do you reckon it would look better if theres like shading around the whole sleeve ? ๐Ÿ™‚

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

The half-sleeve looks plain/flat.

I can’t really put my finger on it just yet but the waves/water and that mask or dragon [whatever it is lol] needs something added to it for sure.

InkedTIM
Participant
@inkedtim
BIKERinBLACK77;54274 wrote:
The half-sleeve looks plain/flat.

I can’t really put my finger on it just yet but the waves/water and that mask or dragon [whatever it is lol] needs something added to it for sure.

ohh ..that aint good ..any suggestion that it could make it not plainflat ?
yeah i aint completely finish yet ..:/ its like kinda doin my heading !! want it to be finish asap ๐Ÿ™‚

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I agree with the gun, looks cool.
My suggestion for the sleeve would be to add some texture to the top of the breaking waves so they look like they’re splashing a bit more, and maybe some traditional japanese smoke around the snakes head.

InkedTIM
Participant
@inkedtim
Joker1;54277 wrote:
I agree with the gun, looks cool.
My suggestion for the sleeve would be to add some texture to the top of the breaking waves so they look like they’re splashing a bit more, and maybe some traditional japanese smoke around the snakes head.

thanks bro,
what do you mean by the texture ? is it like shading you mean ?
what does traditional jap smoke look like ? ๐Ÿ˜›

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Get way more shading and colour to it!! And you should really know the japanese style before you design something in it yourself… :p But yeah, japanese smoke(google it), more texture to the waves(shading and colour). Definatly get texture for the top of the wave, now it looks like plain line work, as if you didn’t know what to do about it.
And yeah… it does look kinda flat. You need texture and shading to make it “pop” ๐Ÿ™‚

If you get it more detailed, it will most def look way better. Looks halfway right now.
The gun was awsome, though. What gun is it? I’m getting a gun myself, just haven’t been able to figure out which one yet.. ;P

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I’m going to agree with the above statements. Take a look at my album. I think if you incorporate some japanese wind bars and shading, it will really add to your current design

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
poxphobia;54327 wrote:
I’m getting a gun myself, just haven’t been able to figure out which one yet.. ;P

It’s gotta be a .44 Magnum ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

your arm tattoo looks very plain, need an pro to think of a way of filling it a bit.

Jez
Participant
@jez

Wind bar that baby up, amigo!!! And find an artist who has the ability to use light and shade to emphasize depth.

Gingerkid000
Participant
@gingerkid000

It all kinda looks separated… like the waves and the snake and the dragon are all separate tattoos, it needs more flow i think. ๐Ÿ™‚ but that’s just my opinion, i could be wrong…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.