sir_lagalot
Participant
@sir_lagalot

Hey guys,
I’m new to the forum. I needed a little help with something. I’ve wanted this tattoo on my upper bicep since a long time..its on the link below.

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs19/f/2007/288/0/5/Dragon_tattoo_by_Tatsu87.jpg

I finally printed it out and took it to a few tattoo artists. They all looked at the sheet, asked me what size I wanted it in, and when I told them i needed it shrunk to fit the bicep they said it was impossible. One of them muttered something about spacing and said If I wanted it 50% LARGER than the size on the sheet then it might be possible on my back or someplace other than the bicep. Any Idea why that design isnt possible? too intricate?
I thought maybe its the body of the dragon thats causing a problem so i filled it up in photoshop including the head and well, now it looks like this below:

http://img41.imageshack.us/i/tattoo1rl.jpg/

I dont want the ‘grey shading’ around the outline..just the dragon on my bicep , starting from the shoulder down till where my teeshirt sleeve ends.

would the second one be possible? any ideas why the first one isnt?
any help at all would be highly appreciated.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

its not impossible but it will look shite in a year or two once its all spread out and the gaps have filled in :rolleyes:

sir_lagalot
Participant
@sir_lagalot

crap! even the second one?

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

yep i would say so , better go large ๐Ÿ˜€

sir_lagalot
Participant
@sir_lagalot

great! oh well ๐Ÿ˜€

http://euphoria1990.deviantart.com/art/Taurus-Tattoo-93811557
this is the only other one i had in mind, again for the bicep but i’m guessing the same would apply to this.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

not a fan of the design but i guess it will work better for there

sir_lagalot
Participant
@sir_lagalot

thanks again for the help ๐Ÿ™‚

*sigh..back to the drawing board. I want something with meaning. This was my zodiac, i was gonna replace the symbol inside to the one for ‘struggle’ and underneath chinese symbols for ‘existentialist’. was gonna get ‘luctor et emergo’ under the dragon (struggle and emerge).

any idea where I could find subtle bicep tattoo designs? Since its a first for me I’m just looking for something not that huge, something for the upper bicep. I’ve been googling away but havent found anything I like so far.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

if you want something with meaning you really need to go to your artist and have them draw something up for you that no one else has .

sir_lagalot
Participant
@sir_lagalot

yeah I think i’ll head back there with the same dragon and have him customize it a bit so it doesnt look crap after a few years. I just liked the side pose and wings ๐Ÿ™‚

cheers!

ArniVidar
@arnividar
sir_lagalot;52006 wrote:
This was my zodiac, i was gonna replace the symbol inside to the one for ‘struggle’ and underneath chinese symbols for ‘existentialist’. was gonna get ‘luctor et emergo’ under the dragon (struggle and emerge).

With all that going on, ‘small’ can’t really be an option. Like you I began with ideas of a tattoo that had this and this and this and this and…… Then I split them up into separate or at least fewer/larger tattoos and they work much better in my mind now.
I’d recommend you consider the idea of turning your idea of one with all, into 2 or 3 tattoos, taking more space and (IMO) looking far better because of it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.