ink73
Participant
@ink73

Hi guys,

First id like to say hi (1st post)
Id like to show you my sleeve, hope you like it as much as i do. And ask for some advice as i want to add to it. The sleeve is all about my little boy. The rooster is because he was born in 2005 (year of the rooter :D) there is his name and DOB under it, there are also kanji all linking to my boy, they are the DOB for me and the wife, my parents and grandparents….all of whome lead to him being born………..hope your not confused!! there are also wind bars, blossom and a peony. Now i left the last part of my arm free, incase we had anymore kids. We now have a lovely baby girl, so the time has come to complete the sleeve. I want to continue the same theme,thing is my girl was born 2009 year of the ox….dont really think that is gona work too well (unless you can think of a way)…………Any ideas guys. I had also thought of maybe adding another nice flower and having her name and DOB in kanji around it, then finish off the sleeve with more blossom and wind bars etc. I guess im after some pointers and advice please.

CIMG1598.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

hi ya, i have seen you before on a body piercing forum 😉
love the work you have so far , if your willing to go onto your side/stomach you could get an Ox done looking up at the rooster and also have kanji etc to extend your other chestsleeve.

have you got any pics of that side

ink73
Participant
@ink73

Just thought id let you see the space i have.
Someone said i could maybe get a women samurai warrior, and maybe incorporate the ox on her clothing. I like the idea as it would fit in with the asian style. it would also allow the lady to represent the feminine form for my daughter, and the ox for her year of birth. I could then have her name and DOB in a kanji scroll. What do you guys think, and what was the history of the geisha warrior?
cheers

IMGP0536.jpg

IMGP0535.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i like your idea but im not sure how well the ox could be on her bokken .
you could have a geisha girl baring her shoulder and the kanji for year of the ox tattooed on it ??

ink73
Participant
@ink73

Thanks again butterfly. I like your idea. Do you know the history of the geisha warrior? if i got the right looking geisha i like the idea of the exposssed skin with the year of the ox kanji inked on her. I could then add a scroll with my daughers name in kanji, and finish off with water blossom and wind etc.
Any other advise/adeas appreciated

cheers!!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Just wanted to say some great ink!

In answer to your question Geisha were not warriors but were skilled in pleasure music, dancing, poetry and some were courtesans.

Female samurai did however exist during the Kamakura Period (1185-1333) women were allowed to bequest property and were often called on to teach their male children bushido.

In extreme times of war women were often called upon to fight for their warlord and were given same rights as male samurai (basically a property of the warlord who could carry swords).

Hojo Masako is noted during the uprisings 1157-1225 as a fierce warrior who collected many heads of enemies but her ending is disputed some say she died in battle, others say that she became a nun after the death of her husband others say she committed ritual suicide.

By 1600’s women were simply used for marriage in the waning power of the Shoguns but were often employed as assassins (poison).

The last recorded battle of women samurai was the last stand of Aizu clan in 1868 imperial forces were trying to break the last of the samurai so they had around 3000 or so fighters including women. They were fighting around 20000 soldiers (rifles against swords).

Anyhow Nakano Takeko was a female samurai who led a group of women in a death charge on the front line she got shot several times in chest and body. Her sister is said to have chopped her head off to stop the imperial soldiers from identifying and defiling her body as a trophy and they raised a temple in honour of her sacrifice.

Hope that helps.

Take Care
Matthew

ink73
Participant
@ink73

Thanks for the history of the femal samurai, and the geisha. Do you have any good pics, or know of any good sites so i can look for referance material. I deffo think that the idea of the geisha or the female samurai with the year of the ox inked on her skni is the idea i like the most. Do you all think it will work with the rest of the sleeve?
I think i will rink my tattooist next week and discuss the idea, then when i get some reference pics i will take them over and show him.

thanks again!

ink73
Participant
@ink73

Hi guys. i posted a while ago asking for advice on adding to my 3/4 sleeve, which i had done a couple of years ago. I have just got back from my 1st sitting of the add on to complete the sleeve. I am really pleased with how Pete (my tattooist) has started the line work. I will keep updating as i have more sittings. I decided on a fan with kanji for my daughters DOB. I decided on a geisha with my daughters name on inked on her skin. The rest is filled with clouds water and blossom. He has left an inch or so at the wrist, where he is gona faid out with greywash…….im Really pleased, hope u like !!!

IMGP0631-1.jpg

IMGP0632.jpg

IMGP0633.jpg

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

nice bro thats a good job

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs

Looking good 🙂

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Really diggin that work

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Looking really good!

ink73
Participant
@ink73

Hi guys,
Thought id post a few pics of my sleeve now the colour and shading has been done. I am very happy with the finished work, and think Pete, my tattooist has done a great job. I am booked in for another sitting so he can have a look and see, as he thinks the shading where the lower 1/4 sleeve meets the 3/4 sleeve may need a bit more blending.

I will post again once its all done( although to be honest i think its more or less done now)

Hope you like it half as much as i do!!!

Next post i will put a few pics of the rest of the sleeve, and what the different bits mean!!

IMGP0717.jpg

IMGP0718.jpg

IMGP0719.jpg

IMGP0720.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

hey you did it thats looking like some really sweet ink 🙂

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

sick sleeve and beautiful addition

Marcus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.