Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
JNieporte;52370 wrote:
No offense taken. I think that’s what she was going for LOL.

She is doing it very well, did she go “Trick or Treat”-ing like that?
Also, from what I can tell with all the face paint it won’t be long before she turns all the boys’ heads :D.

By the way I just noticed something I didn’t see earlier:
045-4.jpg
What are these sentences supposed to say? I cannot make any sense of the first (older) one at all and the newer ones appear to be of questionable grammar but still coherent. I suppose the double meaning I am reading into it may be intentional (literally it says “This is the weapon my grandfather made. My father replaces the hilt and I replace the blade” but if you translate it more generously it could also be seen as “My father acts as the hilt and I am the blade.” Correct?

JNieporte
Participant
@jnieporte
Asenath83;52385 wrote:
(literally it says “This is the weapon my grandfather made. My father replaces the hilt and I replace the blade” but if you translate it more generously it could also be seen as “My father acts as the hilt and I am the blade.” Correct?

“This is the weapon my grandfather made. My father replaced the handle and I replaced the blade.”

It has a double meaning to me. The first is a literal weapon; knife, axe, sword, etc.
The second meaning is deeper and is of the sorts that my grandfather and my father gave me most of my experiences and lessons in life, but the ultimate choice in my destiny is my own.

JNieporte
Participant
@jnieporte
Joker1;52382 wrote:
Looks like you’ve got a lot of meaning in your ink. Mind if you run us through some of the meanings behind them?

Sure, just a few. The knives and some of the sayings are military in nature, and I served. I’m half German and half Cherokee, thus a lot of my tattoos are either in German, are genuine Cherokee symbols, or are in Cherokee (tsigali). A few others are memorials or dedications to my wife. If there are any specific tattoos you have a question about, just let me know.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I’ve got an old nickname from my love of knives.
Interesting about the Cherokee symbols, I have a native american piece done myself.
I love history about the native americans, to me, their way of life was how it’s meant to be.

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
JNieporte;52392 wrote:
“This is the weapon my grandfather made. My father replaced the handle and I replaced the blade.”

It has a double meaning to me. The first is a literal weapon; knife, axe, sword, etc.
The second meaning is deeper and is of the sorts that my grandfather and my father gave me most of my experiences and lessons in life, but the ultimate choice in my destiny is my own.

Hey, wasn’t that far off after all!
If you intend to get any more stuff done in German feel free to drop me a message, I’ll be happy to help with the translation!

JNieporte
Participant
@jnieporte

My knuckles…
054-4.jpg

053-3.jpg

052-3.jpg

JamesYoung
Participant
@jamesyoung
Butterfly_Kisses;50536 wrote:
ever thought of pulling all your tattoos together with some filling work and making it into two sleeves :rolleyes:

I agree, pull ’em together into a sleeve. Would make a huge difference!

JNieporte
Participant
@jnieporte

Why are the words butterfly and face listed as tags for this thread? There’s no butterfly tattoo or facial ink anywhere in it.

Stu
Participant
@stu

You might want to edit a couple of piccys in number 11 as I can make out the numbers!

But some interesting work there – I like work with meanings

Chief D
Participant
@chief-d

interesting.

I would avoid a sleeve if you are using the same scratcher that did the rest of your ink.
The lightning thing will look very bad unless you go to a pro shop and they plan it out. I would advise japanese style clouds and air effects personally. It would look nice in black and grey. You might want to consider having a real shop re-ink some of the work as well. The wizard for example looks like some BAD 70’s flash that they dont od anymore. I know the tattoos have meaning for you. Cool.
However, much of your ink looks like you did time. No offense intended.

JNieporte
Participant
@jnieporte

011-37.jpg

Close-up…
010-36.jpg

JNieporte
Participant
@jnieporte
Chief D;57853 wrote:
interesting.

I would avoid a sleeve if you are using the same scratcher that did the rest of your ink.
The lightning thing will look very bad unless you go to a pro shop and they plan it out. I would advise japanese style clouds and air effects personally. It would look nice in black and grey. You might want to consider having a real shop re-ink some of the work as well. The wizard for example looks like some BAD 70’s flash that they dont od anymore. I know the tattoos have meaning for you. Cool.
However, much of your ink looks like you did time. No offense intended.

Without getting personal, the artists that did my work are far from scratchers; the choices in design and placement were mine and the rough, unfinished look is intentional. Whether I’ve been in prison or not is irrelevant. I do appreciate every opinion 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.