vdub 007
Participant
@vdub-007

i’m looking around at some cool ideas for my next tattoo and i can’t make my mind on what style to choose!

i have something pretty big already on my right arm (from shoulder to elbow) and i would like to get a 3/4 sleeve on my left one.

i want something stylish, probably in color too that is not played out already, like tribals are.

what are the new styles in ink? could be a vintage one too!

what are your ideas? maybe it can help me fix my mind lol!

thanks again everybody!

vdub

Moonchakka
Participant
@moonchakka

Personally, I don’t worry about what the current trends in tattooing are. I try to find something meaningful to me and then ask my artist to help me make it in to a good tattoo. I figure a tattoo is for life, so going for something trendy just because it is trendy is kind of silly (to me at least) because trends by their nature end, and you can’t send your tattoo to the Salvation Army like you can with clothing that goes out of style. If it has meaning to you, it will always be in style. ๐Ÿ˜€

vdub 007
Participant
@vdub-007

i understand that. what i wanted to say i that i just don’t wanna something that is already played out.

honnestly, i don’t really care about trends too. i was only asking that to see what are the new styles, if there’s any.

i guess that my best bet would be to see my tattoist and see what she can do and buy some mag too so i can get the basic idea.

Moonchakka
Participant
@moonchakka

Yeah, I get what you mean. I would suggest taking some time though and just thinking about some things that are important to you, something that really says who you are, and then finding a way to make that in to a tattoo.

To be honest though, I am sort of divided on the question of how much meaning a tattoo has to have. I think it is awesome when someone gets something done that has some deep personal meaning to them. I also think it is totally cool if you just want to find a picture or a design that appeals to you and have a really good artist put an amazing looking piece on you, even if it has no specific personal meaning. You still have a great piece of art, either way.

Good luck in your search. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.