iwatchedherdie
    Participant
    @iwatchedherdie

Well, First, I’d like to introduce myself, My name’s Patrick, I’m from Maryland. It’s nice to meet you all 😀

Well, Basically i have a few questions. I’ll post the art i want done, I’ve already made my mind up completely about what i want.

The whole idea for this tattoo is for my mom, whose name is rose, And that should explain the rose.

But anyway, i know your opinion wont change anything, But i wanted to know what you all thing of it. And about the placement before i get it done. And since i’m underage the only place for me to get it done, is at a tattoo party. And i’ve heard stories about people getting bad works at tattoo parties. But i know the person whose doing the work.

I plan on getting it below the left side of my collar bone over top of my heart.

And another question i have, And i’m probably going to get a bunch of crap for, Is what do you think the price range will be for this? I know everywhere’s different, but can someone give me an estimate?

thank you all 🙂

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/Killpatrickkdead/bleedingrosedrawing.jpg

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Patrick

One of my friends got a tattoo at 14 – we went to a pet shop that did not give a damn about ages and just sat him down and did it.

He died when he was in his early 30’s of liver failure attributed to Hep – saying that this was one of the most careful guys I ever met with his sex life and never injected drugs I can only guess that he copped for a bad needle.

Personally after seeing the filthy state of the place I declined to have mine done.

So you have to ask at this tattoo party are we taking a pro-artist here or somebody who is using your flesh to practice on.

If they are a scratcher do they know about BBP’s, Sterility, Spore Counts, Needle depths, use of mags, greywash and shading etc etc?

If not you are going to end up with some real shitty ink have to wear it until of legal age and then pay a fortune to have it covered by a pro.

Just take a look around the forum we got plenty examples of the kitchen magician butchery – in fact I think I must have answered both here and by email dozens of queries that all began along the lines of

‘Sherav I couldn’t wait to get my tattoo so a friend offered to do it cheap..’

Usually followed by my arm/body part is all infected, the ink is dropping out/looks spotty/is shit can you advise.

Not to mention the cost of getting blood tested for diseases they have to add onto that.

Also I know you are likely to give the response well I have a friend who..

I had a great uncle who smoked 60 a day and lived till he was 90 – the fact of the matter was all he could do was sit in the chair and smoke as his lungs were crippled and he couldn’t walk. Ppl are not going to openly shout about their fuck-ups they are wearing on their skin.

My advice is have a read through the blogs on here or click on my sig and at least familiarise yourself with the risks.

I would reckon you would be pressed to see change from $300 from a pro as that is a detailed piece and looking at 2-3 hours – could be less but if somebody offers to do it at $50 i’d run.

Take Care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

for a start , how under age are you ?
    and secondly
    DO NOT GET YOUR TATTOO DONE AT A TATTOO PARTY .

inkedbeauty
    Participant
    @inkedbeauty

I have to agree with the lady above me …. NOT a good idea.
    You could end up with infection or a poorly done tattoo. I found out the hard way, not from a tattoo party, but an apprentice at a tattoo shop.

Puzzles
    Participant
    @puzzles

This would be a stupid choice.

iwatchedherdie
    Participant
    @iwatchedherdie

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt342/Killpatrickkdead/Snapshot_20090921.jpg

i love it 😀 And he did it right, he brought an autoclave, i watched him use it, he used prepackaged needles.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

looks ok, but they is a lot of other things that could go wrong and not just the needles . :rolleyes:

Lumal
    Participant
    @lumal

Why not wait till you’re old enough to get it? It’s going to be there for the rest of your life and if i think about me, for example, when i was 16 i would have got a piece that i seriously would hate now. Really think it thru. What’s the rush?

Duzzy
    Participant
    @duzzy

Hi i was once told something, when thinking of inking up place your design on the refrigerator, bathroom mirror all over. If after six months you are not tired or bored with it then consider getting it. But research your artist dont use the convenience of a tattoo party. This is my opinion there are a lot more more informed ppl on this site.

Darren

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.