Black Smiley
    Participant
    @black-smiley

I just got it yesterday, the artist was recommended to me by someone at work. I had been wanting to get a tattoo for well over a year now, it took me a while to decide what I wanted. I knew I would want a dragon, probably tribal, but I thought I’d get it on my right shoulder. I ended up deciding on my right forearm instead. Because I wanted my first tattoo to be where I could always see it, and where everyone else could always see it. Reactions have been fun, and I’m not done showing it off. But as far as I’m concerned, it turned out to be really amazing, at least for me. It’s a simple tattoo, but I freakin’ love it.

P8200003.jpg
    P8200001.jpg

Injun
    Participant
    @injun

Pretty clean work. I like the colors. I like tribal better when there is a little color added to it instead of the plain black.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

looks quite nice for tribal 😉
    i like the blue in it , how much did the dragon set you back ?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

That is a solid piece of work.
    The blue really makes it stand out amongst the solid black tribal.

Do you intend to add to it in the future?

Take Care
    Matthew

scottishbeagle
    Participant
    @scottishbeagle

without the blue, it would be a solid, but nothing amazing, piece.

that blue really makes it pop, and a very very nice piece! wear it with pride!

Black Smiley
    Participant
    @black-smiley

I definitely will wear it with pride. I doubt I’ll ever add to it, I don’t really plan on covering myself in tattoos, I just want a bunch of small ones, I suppose. Not really sure yet.

He was only gonna charge me 170 dollars for it, but I gave him an even 200. I felt like tipping him a lot, and I’ll be going back to him for all my future tattoos, so I felt it was worth giving him a good tip.

As for the blue, I originally gave him this picture:

http://www.tatstore.com/images/products/large_271_221.jpg

And I told him to change it up and make it his own, and I said I preferred blue instead of red. You can see how much he changed it from the original picture, I couldn’t be more impressed with his work.

Phat_Goddess
    Participant
    @phat_goddess

I really like the blue in it…but I like red better :p lol. It looks nice for being tribal 🙂

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i dont think any of us here planned to get covered up with huge tattoos :rolleyes:
    it just happens

Black Smiley
    Participant
    @black-smiley

I like the color red more as well, but I thought blue would work better for this tattoo. And I’m not disappointed, so I feel I made the right choice.

I honestly don’t see myself getting any huge tattoos, but if it just happens, then it’ll quite possibly happen to me. I guess I’ll find out. I’m just starting out, but so far I already know what I want to get as far as my next 4 or so tattoos go.

nelio26
    @

Cool! definetly like the way the 2 tone colours came out. will keep it in mind for my next tattoo.

carpboy
    Participant
    @carpboy

looking nice m8

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

For a first tattoo, not bad.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.