haider
    Participant
    @haider

Anyone got any pictures of their own or other people’s sleeves that are made up of multiple tattoos rather than a single piece?

I’d really appreciate it as I can’t decide whether or not to get my arm done with multiple pieces or just a single continuous one.

Thanks.

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Well, not trying to sound rude BUT— I hope you aren’t attempting to design a sleeve JUST TO HAVE A SLEEVE or getting sleeved to have the “style/looks” of a sleeve.

What theme do you want to have your sleeve go along with? What significance do you want behind the images? WHAT STORY DO YOU HAVE?:confused::confused::confused:

Quail
    Participant
    @quail

Come on man, this isn’t Miami ink. Everyone doesn’t need a “story” to get a tattoo. If the OP wants to get a decorative tattoo, then why shouldn’t he?

MMilani
    Participant
    @mmilani

Hi, It depends really on what you want, me personally im doing a sleeve of all individual pieces. Now people have come up to me and said (I like how your pieces are their own and stand out from a distance) basically if you get all individuals they get noticed more because its easy to tell what they are at a distance. Go for a full sleeve one theme if thats what you want, if your someone who likes lots of different styles(like me) then go for individuals. The only problem so far i have found that some might not like is with mine they are connected but don’t flow together because they are their own. If thats going to bother you then definatley go with a one theme sleeve. I sort of rushed this i might have more to add later.

Cheers
    Marcus

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Hey Quail, how about you get your head out of your ass for once??!!??:D Yes I know this isn’t “Miami ink broooooo”. Fucking idiot.:mad:

Obviously the poster is either new to the tattoo culture, or simply doesn’t know too much. So, in my asking of questions IS TO PROMOTE thought.

If you look at most of my posts, they generally start and or finish with a question. Why, becuase like I previously stated it promotes THOUGHT.:cool: Thought; being vital to individualize the certain tattoo so that it fits YOU. And, when giving my oppinion, I always say ” to each his own”.

So after reading this [or most likely not] are you still going to be that big shot know it all who doesn’t reply to the thread but to critique the replies of those who are attempting to help?

Quail
    Participant
    @quail

Wow, you’re incredibly defensive and obviously know me very well.

IMO your post didn’t sound like it was trying to help. To me it felt like it was denigrating decorative tattoos.

You obviously had good intentions (despite your fascination with the caps lock button).

You’ve totally sussed me; from my 2 posts on this forum you can see that I’m a “big shot fucking idiot with my head up my ass”, so I’ll take my leave from this thread.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I am more than happy to help with your search for a sleeve.

I just need a few more details as there are literally hundreds of examples on the internet and in books so we will need to narrow it down a little.

How many tattoos do you see yourself having 3-4 larger pieces or many more smaller ones?

What sort of genres are you thinking of? (Fantasy, biomech, old school, cartoon/anime, nudes etc)

Would you want a mix of the above?

Do you want separate tattoos but with a common filler theme running through the sleeve eg fire, clouds, butterflies (just examples).

By a full sleeve do you mean from shoulder to wrist or would you want to cap off a bit higher up say a 3/4’s.

Do you currently have any existing tattoos on your arms?

Colour, Black n shade, or a mix?

What do you really love art wise?

A lot of questions but want you to get the best from your ideas rather than just throwing loads of random pictures at you.

Take Care
    Matthew

Rockysmom
    Participant
    @rockysmom

I think if you had a theme the individual tattoos would be cool. I would stick to one style to make it flow better like japanese or old school.

Terg
    Participant
    @terg

I have a friend with both arms mostly covered in individual tattoos but neither arm is sleeved yet. He wants to get them sleeved but since his tattoos were all done one at a time it’s very difficult for him to connect them. If you go with individual tattoos that is perfectly fine and will look good but he gave me this advice and I’ll pass it on to anyone that when you get a piece done let the artist know you want to add to it later and connect it into a sleeve. Even if you don’t want to you are at least given the option later on to easily add to your tattoo to form a sleeve or connect your tattoos together.

Hope that helps.

*edit*
    Here is a pic of his right arm to show what I mean.
    3107_71767254169_807744169_1540094_8021275_n.jpg

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

I have seen it work many times as long as the theme of each tattoo is alike.
    old school works very well because the gaps are easy to fill 😀

black and gray is easy to fill the gaps too with shading !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.