faerie
    Participant
    @faerie

I got a really really really really REALLY awful tattoo whilst being brainwashed at the age of 13. Its the only thing i regret doing in my life and the time has come to get a coverup. i would try to remove it but there doesnt seem to be a reliable or real way of doing it effectively. its a bright red hatchet man on my right shoulder. too big . ugly. embarrassing. Anyway. i want to cover it with a fairy of some sort, if possible. i have a few ideas. I’ve talked to my artist and all he has suggested is big red flowers which i am trying to avoid. please give me your input. THANKS!

LOW_EH
    Participant
    @low_eh

let’s see a pic of it first

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Please post a picture.

BUT…If you’re reffering to the ICP/juggalo loggo, then yeah YOU MUST HAVE BEEN BRAIN WASHED lol.

I’d have some better ideas after seeing it.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

As everyybody says a pic is needed.
    Although on the plus side if you are willing to have a fairy and floral design I am sure it will cover over nicely.

Also whoever tattooed you at 13 needs shooting ๐Ÿ˜ก

Take Care
    Matthew

faerie
    Participant
    @faerie

hey. I am very much aware that i did not post a picture. ๐Ÿ˜‰ its cuz i dont know how. it keeps asking me for a url but i dunno what the heck to do. yeah and i am not okay with flowers, and least not red ones. any help with the pic? i put my question on a thread that will let me post attachments but again its asking for a url and i cant get it.

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

Go to http://www.photobucket.com, create a profile there, upload the pictures to photobucket then click on the url link, copy it, and paste it in the message box here.

Now, about the tattoo. I can tell you now that your cover up idea isn’t going to work. That is final. The fairy isn’t red, and the colors you use in the fairy won’t cover red. You have a choice and at this point it doesn’t matter what you like. You made a stupid decision at 13 and now you’ve got to deal with it. Here are your choices. Get it permantly removed with laser removal. That is choice number one. Choice number 2 is to cover it with another pattern that incorporates red in it, such as a cluster of red flowers. Choice number 3 is to cover it with black. Something like tribal. Depending on how faded the red is, you might be able to use dark blues or purples.

No one will be able to definitively answer your question until they see a picture. Then only a tattoo artist will be able to tell you what will actually work.

People don’t get brainwashed, they fall to peer pressure to make stupid decisions. That is precisely why you don’t tattoo minors. They don’t know how to make their own decision and stick to it.

faerie
    Participant
    @faerie

wow, that was kind of mean. I didnt come here to be criticized or judged or yelled at for something i did over 5 years ago. Ive come to terms with it and id appreciate if you kept your judgements to yourself. I came here for ideas, not your personal opinion about my decisions.

sorrowlovesEmilie
    Participant
    @sorrowlovesemilie

Don’t worry darling, Despite the written tone there are some facts in there, even if ‘tough love’ would be a bit of an understatement, and I definately report the artist who tattoo’d you so other tweens don’t/can’t make the same mistake.

Basically red sounds like a B@&*h of a colour to cover up…would you consider tattoo removal? Then 12 months later you could get the fairy you wanted instead of having to make do with something you’re not really keen on just because it’s all that you could work with. I mean a tattoo should be something you love, not something you put up with. But I hear red can fade quite alot and if its been 5 years the shade might be lighter and more workable… but we’re gonna need a pik, sorry for nagging. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Well I have to back S. Neil here he is an experienced artist and knows the pitfalls of cover-ups. Also it is something which he will be angry about as tattooing minors is because it tars every other pro and fuels the anti-tattoo hysteria that is quite common in certain fields.

The thing with a forum is to look beyond the tone and try and squeeze the info out of it. If they are tallking bollocks then complain – if they are stating facts but in less than pleasant way it might be worth sifting that sound advcie from it.

For example KH is an arsehole (his own words) but despite his english hating ways ๐Ÿ˜‰ he does often have many a fine point to make.

The reason I suggested a floral as part of teh design was that if you went for a red rose(s) etc you could prob work over the red ink without having to laser it off and get the fairy rising from the flowers.

Red is one of the toughest inks to remove (next to green) and depending on size and palcement a few hits with a laser might be your best option.

If you click on my sig there is a chapter on tattoo removal.

I wish you the best of luck in the decision.

Take Care
    Matthew

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.