S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

My brother wants me to post the dragon he did the other day. He’s the second artist in our shop and he wants some criticism (constructive of course) He does good work, but he’s working out some style issues and wants to know what others think of what he’s done. He’ll eventually join on here as well.

l_abb8f24f61274588b26831897ea5d947.jpg

spector4
    @

overall it looks good. the only thing i saw was the size ratio of the body to the wings. was it planed that way. i”m not a pro or an artist and i give props to those who can do what i can’t but that’s what i saw.

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

To be honest, I never even noticed that. You’re right, from an artistic point of view the wings may be a little light. It was planned that way. The guy pulled in a pic, and this is what it was…exactly. Chris didn’t do any modifications to the line work, he just inked it and colored it.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I like it – it is a nice piece.

If I was to add some (constructive criticism) I would have enlarged the wings ever so slightly, and raised them further up and and above the shoulder (but hey if the customer wanted it exactly that way no biggie).

My only other bits are just really small detail stuff and is just my opinion and not meant as any disrepsect.

I would have just boldened the pupil a fraction to make it stand out more.

A little bit more drop shading from the blue to the yellow.

I would also have added just a slightly more bit of shading along the wings and behind them (personal taste there i just like shading a lot).

It is a great piece and he will make a storming artist.

Take Care
    Matthew

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

Thanx Sherav, I let my brother read the post, he appreciates the comments. We’re working on his use of magnums. He works on commission, but he’s still learning the trade under me. It helps to hear other’s opinions instead of getting his big brother’s words all the time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.