yurasya
    Participant
    @yurasya

sup all im new here )
    im 16 years old and this is my new tattoo!
    i did it in tel aviv(israel)
    dsc00153w.jpg
    ohh and would it be nice to combine it with roses under the skull??
    plzzz give me ideas how to continue my tat )
    my friends told me 3 roses under this tat but i dont know (

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Shalom!

Which artist in Tel Aviv was it Psycho Tattoo?
    My wife is Israeli so we go there quite often but tend to roam form either Netanya or near Kiriyat Gat.

As for extending the tattoo.

First of all I would just make a slight alteration to your tattoo (it is very nice this is just suggestions)

Add some more definition to the pupils on the snakes, and shadow shading under the bodies. I would also maybe add a pupil effect to the skull – but that is just personal taste.

There are several ways to extend the tattoo;

You could add what is known as blood roses – the petals and thorns are dripping blood and/or are seen to be tearing out of the flesh.

Maybe add a deadman’s hand of cards below the skull.

You could have a king cobra head glaring out from beneath the skull.

Take Care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

wow you really are a junior member !!
    its nice but i think you should have waited , at 16 your body is still changing alot
    at least you had it large and in a area that can prob handle the change

salt life
    Participant
    @salt-life

not to be negative but I agree, you should have waited. Does this tattoo have a meaning or it is just a design you liked? just curious, not intended to start anything.

yurasya
    Participant
    @yurasya

WTF??? dude i live in netanya ) and thanks for the offers ill consider them when i go there )
    i did my tattoo in tribal tattoo
    BTW i know my body is changing but i dont really care )
    i was just asking if its pretty or not lol )
    i dont care what will happen when i grow up )
    i mean i can cover it up when i want)

salt life
    Participant
    @salt-life

what does you living in netenya or whatever have to do with it? And what type of tribal is that? I wouldn’t say your tattoo is “pretty”, but I do like the skull, I don’t think roses will go well with those snakes though, I also agree that the snakes need to get some more detail.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

If you think you can cover that bad boy up, you’re sadly mistaken bucko. Short of lazering that fucker, he is with you for life, because it is far, far to big to hide.

Good thing it’s a good piece. The design ain’t exactly stellar, but the intense colors and the skill with which is was obviously applied makes it pretty good. Personally, I wouldn’t add to it myself–I think it’d make it too busy what with those snakes flapping around.

As for the 16 and waiting thing…of course you don’t care. You’re 16–that makes you an idiot who thinks he knows everything. But, hell, that’s cool, it comes with the territory.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

NTshaw
    Participant
    @ntshaw

I think that’s a very unfair statement. I’m seventeen, and have many tattoos. (half sleeve done when i was 16) i don’t believe that because of my age, i am a stupid kid who will regret his tattoos later in life. it’s all very subjective.

N

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

It may not make as much of a difference on your arm, but my uncle got a tat of an eagle going all the way across his chest when he was 16. Now it is a lot smaller b/c he grew so much after getting the tat.

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk
    NTshaw;39235 wrote:
    I think that’s a very unfair statement. I’m seventeen, and have many tattoos. (half sleeve done when i was 16) i don’t believe that because of my age, i am a stupid kid who will regret his tattoos later in life. it’s all very subjective.

N

Well, I can tell you’re seventeen because your reading comprehension sucks.

I never said any of that. What I said was, if you reread it, was that of course you don’t care what people a littler older and wiser than you think because you’re sixteen, therefore you know it all and are a flipping moron, but that’s okay–that’s what 16 year olds are supposed to think.

But, while we’re on the subject, yes, 16 is too young to be getting ink. You might get a teardrop on your face, or a SlipKnot S, or a hatchetman on the back of your hand. At 16, or 17 for that matter, you don’t know what your life is going to be yet–hell, you’re not even who you’re going to be, you’re still growing into him. You may love SlipKnot now, but twenty years down the road? Who knows. One thing I can tell you for sure is that having tat teardrop tattoo is going to make it interesting to get into law school later in life.

There’s also another stigma with getting a tattoo too young–no reputable artist in America will do one for you, so children under the age of 18 have to go to scratchers for the most part. And if you don’t understand the inherent problems with getting a tattoo from a scratcher, otherwise known as Jerry from the block who’ll do you in his basement for a carton of Menthols, then you shouldn’t be getting ink anyway.

And let’s be real here for a moment: my right arm is sleeved out. When I get some serious cash, I’m doing my left arm, and I’m seriously considering getting a few dermal inkers in my face. I’m 25, I’m married, I’m in art school, and I’m working towards being a tattoo artist. I know where my life is headed, but I’m also old enough to understand my choices have closed doors to me. It’s going to be very, very hard in the future for me to get a nice, cushy office job, and in an economy based more on service rather than production, most living wage jobs are exactly those. Until I graduate, even with my fabulous employment record (ran a coffee house for three years, supervisor in a warehouse at 18, supervisor at the credit agency I most recently worked at), I’m more or less going to be forced to work at McDonald’s or construction. If I fuck up and fail out (for sake of arguement) I’m stuck there.

But I know the risks, weighed them, discussed it with my wife, and move forward.

Can you honestly tell me a 16 year old has enough of their lives worked out in order to make a decision like “should I get a sleeve, or a permament piercing like a dermal inker?” when you consider the consequences?

If so, you either ain’t being honest, or you’re an idiot.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

if this topic to becomes a slander match it will get closed immediately

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

To bring the thread back on topic a little –

The issue has to be taken into a cultural context of the Middle East mindset.

First of all in answer to your questions Saltlife – he was responding that he also lives in my wife’s hometown we were just pleased to know we have shared roots, also Tribal Tattoo is one of the tattoo shops in Tel Aviv.

The things to consider are what we take for granted about ages and what is acceptable in the West.

Whilst KH raises many points I am not in disagreement with (hell I did not know what I wanted to be when I was 16 and also thought i was immortal ๐Ÿ™‚ ).

For Israelis and many Jews worldwide it is a different issue about ages.

At 14 we are considered men – once we do our bar mitzvah (reading of the Torah) we are expected to think and be adults. There is no room or excuses in the household about being a ‘child’ – can be a harsh awakening for many.

That does not mean that we are not immature and suffer the same stuff other teens do and go through but it means to some extent our lives are planned out.

This is more so in Israel – at 16 you are expected to either study and/or join a cadet organisation for pre-national service.

At 18 you are expected to either do national service in the IDF or become a student in a Yesheva this will last for a minimum of 3 years.

Realistically many are married by 20 anyway – so for most the idea of what career is actually put off until you reach your 20’s.

This lad has got a tattoo at 16 (ok I agree I think he should have waited) but for the most part it will make no difference if he chooses to do the military, security, or paramedics.

Israel hates tattooing but like anywhere if you keep it covered they will (mostly) tolerate it.
    What is acceptable by our cultural standards is often conflicting or against other cultures.

His response is also one that is required to survive in a country where the orthodox will throw rocks at you and curse you down the street for having ink. EG an attitude of not caring and iron balls. ๐Ÿ˜€

That all said I still think it is a great tattoo and wish him the best to wear it.

Take Care
    Matthew

NTshaw
    Participant
    @ntshaw
    KnightHawk;39255 wrote:
    Well, I can tell you’re seventeen because your reading comprehension sucks.

I never said any of that. What I said was, if you reread it, was that of course you don’t care what people a littler older and wiser than you think because you’re sixteen, therefore you know it all and are a flipping moron, but that’s okay–that’s what 16 year olds are supposed to think.

But, while we’re on the subject, yes, 16 is too young to be getting ink. You might get a teardrop on your face, or a SlipKnot S, or a hatchetman on the back of your hand. At 16, or 17 for that matter, you don’t know what your life is going to be yet–hell, you’re not even who you’re going to be, you’re still growing into him. You may love SlipKnot now, but twenty years down the road? Who knows. One thing I can tell you for sure is that having tat teardrop tattoo is going to make it interesting to get into law school later in life.

There’s also another stigma with getting a tattoo too young–no reputable artist in America will do one for you, so children under the age of 18 have to go to scratchers for the most part. And if you don’t understand the inherent problems with getting a tattoo from a scratcher, otherwise known as Jerry from the block who’ll do you in his basement for a carton of Menthols, then you shouldn’t be getting ink anyway.

And let’s be real here for a moment: my right arm is sleeved out. When I get some serious cash, I’m doing my left arm, and I’m seriously considering getting a few dermal inkers in my face. I’m 25, I’m married, I’m in art school, and I’m working towards being a tattoo artist. I know where my life is headed, but I’m also old enough to understand my choices have closed doors to me. It’s going to be very, very hard in the future for me to get a nice, cushy office job, and in an economy based more on service rather than production, most living wage jobs are exactly those. Until I graduate, even with my fabulous employment record (ran a coffee house for three years, supervisor in a warehouse at 18, supervisor at the credit agency I most recently worked at), I’m more or less going to be forced to work at McDonald’s or construction. If I fuck up and fail out (for sake of arguement) I’m stuck there.

But I know the risks, weighed them, discussed it with my wife, and move forward.

Can you honestly tell me a 16 year old has enough of their lives worked out in order to make a decision like “should I get a sleeve, or a permament piercing like a dermal inker?” when you consider the consequences?

If so, you either ain’t being honest, or you’re an idiot.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

wow, this is as biased as it gets..

i generally don’t speak to assholes, so i’ll keep this short.

point one – i love my tattoos. i will continue to love my tattoos. i am already involved in a self-based career that allows tattoos (and i plan on continuing this path)

point two – take a look at my albums. i sure as hell aint seeing choppers.

why can’t we just get along and respect each other for their ink without the profiling?

sublimeph03nix
    Participant
    @sublimeph03nix

From my experiences and relations, as well as my fathers experiences he shared with me, KH is right on the money (at least as far as western culture is concerned).

Remember, there are always exceptions (perhaps you are one?), but not everyone is as conscious with their decisions. In fact most of the people I knew at 16 were downright retarded and had no real life experience or common sense, despite the fact that they may have been good students or charismatic and what-have-you.

A person is smart, people are stupid.

-Cam
    ๐Ÿ™‚

CosmicDolly
    Participant
    @cosmicdolly

I’ve personally been getting tattooed since i’m 15, i’m now 22 and all my ink is still ink that i love, but in saying that being a girl i haven’t grown much since the age of 15 so my ink didn’t shrink or stretch, being a 16 or 17 yr old guy, you got a good bit of growing still to do, a friend of mine got a dragon on his leg when he was 16 and now its ridiculous looking because he’s 24 now and much bigger than he used to be…

finding a reputable artist when your underage can be tough…also money at a young age can be a problem too, i’ve seen lots of kids settling for less detailed designs just so they could afford to get tattooed.

i don’t think its fair to say a 16 yr old couldn’t decide on a tattoo that he will be able to appreciate and love for the rest of his life, that all depends on the 16yr old…it’d just be the physical side of it i’d be concerened about, it’d suck to get a killer piece and have it look shit in 10 yrs time

Each to their own i say! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.