DCValkyrie
    Participant
    @dcvalkyrie

hey all.

first time poster here. some great work on this site! just wanted to share my tattoos for you all to see as well. i started off with the bomber scene on my 18th birthday, which so happened to be the night my life long girlfriend cheated on me. This tattoo has the word “love” hidden in the wrecked buildings, with the sun being the O in love. This symbolizes that love will always be there, no matter how destroyed and how horrible things may seem, and you just have to look deeper into the situation to see that.
    l_e2c57cb3089d41a6dc417e50d50180e8.jpg

now fast forward to my 19th birthday two weeks ago, i had a bombed church added to the forground to represent my recent loss of faith in a higher power, as well as the hopes of recconecting with other people in my life. i also decided this would be the piece on my back and to start my half sleeve from this concept. i added a beautiful night sky with vibrant colors.
    l_b0cac6409add4ae1bb35ddde939447b7.jpg
    l_791b4383882e40269bd1af8205d6fbc6.jpg

other tattoo on my upper arm is the tigershark from WW2 p40 fighter planes, symbolizing fighting for what you do/dont believe in, and strength. i am going to have another artist darken the church to blend in better, as well as make the clouds look more layered.

opinions?

Tecratt
    Participant
    @tecratt

I like it. Always cool to see tats that have meaning behind them.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I really like the idea of hiding a msg within the art form – looks great.

Again I am on the prowl (lock up your tattoos! 😉 ) for some interesting art.

I am currently writing an ebook on tattooing and would love to use that image and story as part of my work. It will be distrubuted free to the community on here – as many of the ppl here have helped out.

Let me know.

Take Care
    Matthew

purplestar
    Participant
    @purplestar

DCV

I am loving the story and meaning of your tattoo.

Purplestar

DCValkyrie
    Participant
    @dcvalkyrie

sherav, absolutely! go ahead and use the story/pictures. as long as i get a copy to show people. if you want a more desciptive story then let me know, i can explain way much more about my inspiration, feelings and all that and how i came up with that idea.

thanks for all the comments guys, im trying to really set my ink apart from the rest with the creativeness, as well as hidden meaning and beautiful art and color.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.